Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus
CPU
intel
Graphics
intel
Hello,

Is someone have successfully installed Snow Leopard on intel 6th-10th Gen system?

Thanks for any info
Arthur

Hello,

Is someone have successfully installed Snow Leopard on intel 6th-10th Gen system?

Thanks for any info
Arthur
you would need to use a higher version of macOS

If you mean a Z68 or H67 motherboard then yes, you could install Snow Leopard. You'd need to use 10.6.8 and have either an HD3000 CPU or a SL supported graphics card. Look at some of the older Buyer's guides for ideas of what would work. Any newer than that (Z or H77 boards or newer) there is no Snow Leopard support. Really can't run it well on those.

you would need to use a higher version of macOS
10.6.8 installed and ran fine on my Gigabyte Z68 system with HD3000. I never really used it though as Lion was already out of beta then. Back in 2012.

10.6.8 installed and ran fine on my Gigabyte Z68 system with HD3000. I never really used it though as Lion was already out of beta then. Back in 2012.
i saw 10th gen mentioned in the first post and didn't think that was supported?

Thanks.

It will be great if you share the full spec of the system
MB model, CPU...

It will be great if you share the full spec of the system
It's right there in my signature. It's not easy to find that GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 board anymore. Sometimes one or two show up on Ebay now and then. It's best to get the seller to provide some return option if it has bent pins or some other problem and won't boot. They don't sell cheap, even used ones.

Slightly off-topic, my very first Hackintosh was a Gigabyte Z68AP-D3, with GT440 graphics. I was a real beginner back then but I knew enough to use OS X Lion, then upgraded to Mountain Lion.

Always wanted Snow Leopard as it was the first OS with App Store but never tried.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back