Motherboard
HP 18DF Elitebook Folio
CPU
i5-3437U/QM77
Graphics
HD 4000, HD 9470M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Has anyone installed Snow Leopard on a folio? I got it to the point of where it starts to load the install, but it seems like gets stuck at trying to look for a mouse and it is not detecting the track pad. I have tried looking everywhere, but I cannot find much info in regards to snow leopard on this laptop.

I am using iboot haswell, being the processor is an i5, but I did have to use the boot option PCIRootUID=1 any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Anyone have any thoughts?

You should read the Laptop FAQ and fill out your profile correctly.

it seems like gets stuck at trying to look for a mouse and it is not detecting the track pad
Try using a USB keyboard and mouse while you install.

You should read the Laptop FAQ and fill out your profile correctly.

Try using a USB keyboard and mouse while you install.
I will try that, thank you and I will also double check my bios settings. I was curious if maybe I was missing something.

I am using iboot haswell, being the processor is an i5...
Looking at the specs for the 9470m's, they were offered with third gen i3/i5/i7-3xxxU CPUs on the QM77 chipset.
These are Ivy Bridge, not Haswell; would using the Ivy Bridge iBoot help?

Looking at the specs for the 9470m's, they were offered with third gen i3/i5/i7-3xxxU CPUs on the QM77 chipset.
These are Ivy Bridge, not Haswell; would using the Ivy Bridge iBoot help?

Refer to the guide:

Refer to the guide:
Hmmm, I can try that maybe I misunderstood I thought the i5 was haswell at least according to another post I read. I wonder if that also explained my keyboard issue.

Thank you for the reply.

Hmmm, I can try that maybe I misunderstood I thought the i5 was haswell at least according to another post I read. I wonder if that also explained my keyboard issue.

Thank you for the reply.

The 9470m in your profile is Ivy Bridge (I don't think there were any Elitebook laptops with 7-series chipset/Sandy Bridge CPU). And 7-series (your motherboad chipset) does not support Haswell CPUs.

You should fix your profile as requested in the FAQ:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back