Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard on 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is better to install on ProBook?
Lion or SL ? Which is more stable?

I've tried them both, first Lion, then SL and back to Lion, both are stable, no KPs, no problems whatsoever (based on my experience) but i personally prefer Lion, plus Lion installation is far more simpler if you already have usb installer created with unibeast or xmove, or a computer with OS X already installed to create one, if you don't, then you might give a SL a try, you need it anyway to create usb installer for Lion.

I've got DVD with Lion ;-)
But after DSDT i've got gray screen ;(

Can you be more specific?
Did you use Auto-Patcher from 4530s v2.5.11 pack?

After installation is done run Auto-Patcher from v2.5.11 pack, then Multibeast, then "Installer or Updater for Pack 2.5.11", then reboot.
I've attached my Multibeast selections.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-08 at 5.49.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-08 at 5.49.26 PM.png
    164.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Screen Shot 2011-12-08 at 5.49.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-08 at 5.49.33 PM.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 201
@InMike

I get stuck after I do the 10.6.8 install. When I try to boot with boot flag -v, it goes to a black screen and from there I get kernel panics when I try and adjust brightness.

When I boot with -f boot flag, I get the apple logo white screen but then the apple logo disappears and the screen just remains white/grey. Please help! Also, the dsdt.aml file included in the install files, can I just use that one or do I still need to make one after running the autopatcher? That could be the source of my problem. I'm not sure where to run the autopatcher though, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

mildj84ns said:
Can you be more specific?
Did you use Auto-Patcher from 4530s v2.5.11 pack?

After installation is done run Auto-Patcher from v2.5.11 pack, then Multibeast, then "Installer or Updater for Pack 2.5.11", then reboot.
I've attached my Multibeast selections.

Yes, but i used this Install Guide -> viewtopic.php?f=259&t=31952
not Multibeast :]

Yes, but i used this Install Guide -> viewtopic.php?f=259&t=31952
not Multibeast :]

Just try what i said in my previous post and you'll have Lion up and running in no time ;)
Multibeast+Installer pack, Reboot.
I never had any problems with this method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back