i7 4770K
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX660
Hi All,

Just recently built my first Hackintosh specs as follows

MB Asus B85M-E
CPU i7 4770K
GPU MSI GTX660

I have managed to install Snow Leopard from a retail disk using the Haswell iBoot/Multibeast guide and have installed the 10.6.8 Combo Update.

I'm now trying to update to El Capitan via the App Store, but can't see any updates available and I'm not sure if this is a problem with the network connection being really slow/dropping out or something else. I don't believe it's the connection to the router as I can boot my rig into windows and ping the router with only the occasional lost packet (I ran the ping for a bout 3 hours).

I have installed the relevant kexts for the Realtek 8111F Network controller.

When booted into Snow Leopard I can connect to the internet but it seems really slow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone advise how to check which kexts are installed?

Had trouble installing with Kextbeast so had to install manually......
How and where to install kexts:

Thanks for the link,but the guide doesn't seem to cover Snow Leopard.

I have tried using Kextbeast and keep getting Installation Failed, An Unknown Error Occurred.

The guide suggests pre-requisites to installing Kexts using Kextbeast, but do these still apply if Clover wasn't used in the installation?

Thanks for the link,but the guide doesn't seem to cover Snow Leopard.

I have tried using Kextbeast and keep getting Installation Failed, An Unknown Error Occurred.

The guide suggests pre-requisites to installing Kexts using Kextbeast, but do these still apply if Clover wasn't used in the installation?
you can still install kexts whether you use clover or chameleon bootloader

you can probably use kext wizard to install kexts to /System/Library/Extensions

Just used the console method to install the Kext.

I can't seem to rebuild the Kext Cache with the command from the Guide, the '-i' switch doesn't seem to be valid in Snow Leopard so just used the -System-Cache.

Internet seems a little faster now, but not seeing any OS updates available in the App Store.

Any ideas??

BTW Thanks for the help Feartech

Just used the console method to install the Kext.

I can't seem to rebuild the Kext Cache with the command from the Guide, the '-i' switch doesn't seem to be valid in Snow Leopard so just used the -System-Cache.

Internet seems a little faster now, but not seeing any OS updates available in the App Store.

Any ideas??

BTW Thanks for the help Feartech
for older OS:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Have removed my GPU so just using HD4600.

Have reinstalled the NIC kext and rebuilt the cache, internet is faster but still far below what I’m used to, possibly due to an older version of safari?

So I can now get to the El-Capitan and Mojave download pages in the App Store, but the ‘GET’ button doesn’t trigger the download. I’ve also navigated to the Mac store web pages for the two os updates but, the web pages don’t load completely.

I’m at a loss......

So, I bit the bullet and bought a USB 3.0 network adapter.
Had trouble installing the drivers, after searching high and low, discovered i needed to install the Apple Update Installer 1.0. This allowed me to install the Network Adapter drivers. This solved my Network/Internet issues and also resolved my App Store issue, I have now managed to download El-Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back