Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have an HP DV6-3131TX and it's currently running retail Snow Leopard that I purchased and updated to 10.6.6.

Pretty much everything works including webcam and wifi, but my 5650 doesn't work. I've come to accept there are issues with this card, that's fine.

I've been trying to install Lion and when I run the installer within OSX I'm presented with an error message saying I don't meet the CPU requirements and that I need an i5, i7, etc. I do have an i5 460M in this laptop but it refuses to install. OSX shows it as being an i5 too.

When I use the method of burning the app store dmg to disc or USB, I'm presenting with this upon restarting:
NO4Kh.jpg

Anyone got any ideas on what's happening here? I've tried using the busratio, cpu, -x and graphicsenabler flags I've used in the past to get Snow Leopard running the way I want it but I just cannot get the Lion installer running.

EDIT: If this was meant to go into the Laptop forum I apologize, could a mod please move this if need be?

I've tried Unibeast, I've tried burning the image to DVD, tried copying the image to USB and installing Lion within Snow Leopard.

Skynet211 said:
I've tried Unibeast, I've tried burning the image to DVD, tried copying the image to USB and installing Lion within Snow Leopard.
At boot, try with cpus=1

Tried that. I don't think I've tried it just by itself though with nothing else (ie busratio, graphicsenabler=no). When I boot the DVD it gives me the error in multiple languages, but looking at the dimensions on the apple logo, it appears as if the graphics resolution is correct.

I'll tinker some more today and take more pictures to show what's happening.

EDIT: cpus=1 did nothing, as I expected :(

I'm guessing no one has anything to add to help me here? :lol:

Moved to correct section: 10.7 Laptop Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back