Contribute
Register

Snow leopard install with 16 or 8 GB RAM! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook
CPU
Dual core 2.3
Graphics
Intel integrated graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm going to begin my installation but I read that I can only install with 2GB max, I have only 2x8GB corsair vengance LP for my build, can I also try to install with 1x8GB RAM?? or do I need to buy another memory with 2GB??

Thanks!

It used to be 4GB max but I do believe you can get away with it being greater now as I have installed SL from scratch with my 12GB installed.

I'm going to begin my installation but I read that I can only install with 2GB max, I have only 2x8GB corsair vengance LP for my build, can I also try to install with 1x8GB RAM?? or do I need to buy another memory with 2GB??

Thanks!

The previous instructions say that you should install with a maximum of 4GB RAM, but this information is out of date. You can use more than 4GB RAM during installation of Snow Leopard. It is only that Snow Leopard booted via iBoot only recognizes up to 4GB RAM. Once you get Snow Leopard to boot from the hard disk all your RAM should be recognized.

Thanks a lot! really helpful information!

Thanks a lot! really helpful information!

Mario9999

I heard it from a moderator that the iBoot kernel was setup w the maxmen=4096 switch enabled so no matter how much you have it uses only 4096 (4 MEG).

Depends, if this was a test about how to make chocolate cookies then sadly no you haven't :(

ellhead

Oh thats easy - this must be multible choice

1 - ) get your wife- girlfriend - mother - to make em !!! :thumbup:

2 - ) go to your favorite store and buy em !!! :rolleyes:

3 - ) Visit a Mrs Fields.!!! :headbang:

4 - ) or do a scrath mix using grandma's ole Oatmeal raisen w Chocolate Chips ( milk of dark) recipie!!!:angel: nuts optiomal ( not every one likes Walnuts)

tote:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back