Snow Leopard DVD iBoot install HP 2740p

Discussion in 'Snow Leopard Laptop Support' started by joeypitatwinkes, Jun 10, 2018.

1. joeypitatwinkes

joeypitatwinkes

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:40 PM #1
    joeypitatwinkes

joeypitatwinkes

Hi, its my first post here.

Any help in installing Snow Leopard on a HP 2740p laptop with iBoot? Im not sure which version to use, the legacy version doesnt load and the 3.3 version gets the mac "restart your computer" screen. The Ivy bridge version starts loading the DVD but then a small white "no" symbol appears and it just sits there. I tried the options like the graphics enabler and pciroot=1 and safe mode, but got the restart screen again. It has a Intel i5 M540 2.53ghz. I read that someone had Mavericks installed on a 2740p, but I dont have a Mac to do the other method with the USB.

2. RehabMan

RehabMan Moderator

Motherboard:
    Intel DH67BL
    CPU:
    Core i7-2600K
    Graphics:
    Intel HD 3000
    Mac:
    MacBook Air
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Jun 11, 2018 at 4:46 PM #2
    RehabMan

RehabMan Moderator

Motherboard:
    Intel DH67BL
    CPU:
    Core i7-2600K
    Graphics:
    Intel HD 3000
    Mac:
    MacBook Air
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ:
    http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I think it is unlikely you'll get Arrandale graphics working in SL... AFAIK, no one has created patched kexts or kext patching procedures for it.

You might consider a later release of macOS/OS X.
    See guide:
    https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/