Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU
I7-930
Graphics
ATI HD5770
Hello all.

I've been on Snow Leopard for many years now. Never upgraded. Now I have to. I want to update to HS.

I reformatted the SL drive and fresh install last night. Updated to 10.6.8. Tried to dl Lion from App Store but get, Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.

There are hundreds of posts with EFI injections, append this plist, delete this file...

I ran multibeast with EasyBeast Install. Then added the Lnx2Mac's REaltekRTL81xxx driver.
Network does say En0 (deleted Firewire, only Ethernet is left)
Do I need to edit my NetworkInterfaces.plist file?
Other posts suggest that I need to edit and add my serial number so Apple can validate?

I am using iboot 3.3.0 to choose SL drive (am dual booting with Win10).

Thank you.

~Eric

Hello all.

I've been on Snow Leopard for many years now. Never upgraded. Now I have to. I want to update to HS.

I reformatted the SL drive and fresh install last night. Updated to 10.6.8. Tried to dl Lion from App Store but get, Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.

There are hundreds of posts with EFI injections, append this plist, delete this file...

I ran multibeast with EasyBeast Install. Then added the Lnx2Mac's REaltekRTL81xxx driver.
Network does say En0 (deleted Firewire, only Ethernet is left)
Do I need to edit my NetworkInterfaces.plist file?
Other posts suggest that I need to edit and add my serial number so Apple can validate?

I am using iboot 3.3.0 to choose SL drive (am dual booting with Win10).

Thank you.

~Eric

Fyi. I did end up getting the App Store working. It was modifying the org.chameleon.boot.plist file. This yt vid tells you what you need to do.

Now to upgrade to Lion now.

Hopefully, this will be the last of this silliness...

Yes, both the Chameleon file and the networkinterfaces need to say True/Yes.

I did this this time by using multiboot with my mb aml file (on desktop), then dl the latest Chimera, then setting adding my Ethernet kext. rebuild permission after.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

After weeks of trying to setup my hackintosh via an ethernet connection running SL, I successfully did it with a usb network adapter(hawking technology hw7acu, osx 10.6 driver) and identified as en1 in system preferences. However when I try to log into the app store, I get the 'Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.' error.

In looking around at the various possible solutions, I'm leaning toward rehabman's solution on insanelymac.com in order to attempt to download El Capitan(10.11) but am open to all other possible solutions that would work. I also want to be able to back up any files that would be modified prior to performing any modifications.

All suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Hi all,

After weeks of trying to setup my hackintosh via an ethernet connection running SL, I successfully did it with a usb network adapter(hawking technology hw7acu, osx 10.6 driver) and identified as en1 in system preferences. However when I try to log into the app store, I get the 'Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.' error.

In looking around at the various possible solutions, I'm leaning toward rehabman's solution on insanelymac.com in order to attempt to download El Capitan(10.11) but am open to all other possible solutions that would work. I also want to be able to back up any files that would be modified prior to performing any modifications.

All suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back