Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard build with new hardware and kernel panic. Can I change kexts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P8Z77-v LX
CPU
i5 3570k
Graphics
GTX 670
Hey,

I'm trying to use my old Snow Leopard HDD in a newer PC. Problem is, I can't remember which method I used to install or remember a whole lot about what I actually did (it was 10 years ago!).

I don't know if it matters but.. old PC was an M4A89GTD PRO, AMD Phenom II x4 965, ATI Radeon HD 5670.

New PC is very different! Asus P8Z77-v LX, i5 3570k and NVIDIA GTX 670.

I'm getting a kernel panic (pic attached) and need to fix it, I assume change kexts? Could someone help me with how I can save my hackintosh?

I guess the worst case would be to partition the HDD and install Catalina on the new partition, then access my old files from the other?

Cheers in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20200410_160820.jpg
    IMG_20200410_160820.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 138
Your best bet is to get a new SSD to go in the Asus build, install SL, update to the latest version Mac OS you want to use, then connect the old drive to the new build and copy over your files you want to keep.
Any additional apps not included with version of Mac OS on the old build will ave to be installed on the new build if you still want then and they are compatible with the version you wind up running.
Please remove the specs of your old build from post #1 ASAP - that hardware is not permitted on this sight at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back