CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, It's been a frustrating two days. I did a fresh install of SL 10.6.8 on a partitioned HD. Got it up and working so I could make a unbeast usb copy of my lion 10.7.4. failed at getting this up and running, so I went back into SL and it went from gray loading screen to black to blue.The only thing I change was the size of the partition.

Why the Blue screen and what can I do to fix it?
Please help.
After having a SL working and Lion 10.7.3 working, I've got nothing working now.

My build:
P6X58D-E
i7 950 cpu
GTX 470
12 gb ram
no SSD

Hello, It's been a frustrating two days. I did a fresh install of SL 10.6.8 on a partitioned HD. Got it up and working so I could make a unbeast usb copy of my lion 10.7.4. failed at getting this up and running, so I went back into SL and it went from gray loading screen to black to blue.The only thing I change was the size of the partition.

Please help.
After having a SL working and Lion 10.7.3 working, I've got nothing working now.

My build:
P6X58D-E
i7 950 cpu
GTX 470
12 gb ram
no SSD

cats2play

have you tried to get or use any of the command line switchs to help in this matter -

the -v is the one that will clear the curtian ( blue or gray) - if your not familiar w command line switchs see these links

Something usefull about command line switchs one needs to know !
http://www.ihackintosh.com/2009/05/bootloader-acpi-flags-while-darwin-bootloader/
This is from 2008 some of these have changed but it still a good read,
http://news.metaparadigma.de/osx86-flags-and-parameters-for-darwin-bootloader-104/

snow leopard Blue screen solved

Thanks for the links, it's also nice to get hard copy of the commands. I did fix it by going into my lion install and using dish utility to repair permission and very disk. You could probably do the same thing with the DVD.

Please help.

My build:
P6X58D-E
i7 950 cpu
GTX 470
12 gb ram
no SSD

cats2play

As you have two different issues cause you have two different OS's. And we can't answer OSX 10.7 questions here in the 10.6 forum
Here is a suggestion - you need to attempt to boot to the desktop on each of these OS's and see how far you get -
If these are both on the same Hard drive - I think one of the issues is that the Chimera Boot loader needs to be upgraded as Macman has published a new one to use for OSX 10.7 /10.8 - Which will be interesting as that would make the OSX 10.6 boot loader newer but I think that would be OK!
But you need to gather information so you can dual post to different forums.
Using each iBoot and the Lion USB drive - boot and see what happens - take pictures and post accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back