Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard and Asus P7H55-M Motherboard Problems

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
So I've gone through the checklists and made sure my hardware is compatible. When i install snow leopard everything seems to check out... Here's what I'm doing...

I have Windows 7 installed on a 1TB HDD, i shrank the partition and made a new 500GB Primary partition. I installed the Retail Snow Leopard Disc, and it installs correctly(I erased and formatted the partition with the journal option). It boots up SOMETIMES... sometimes there is a kernel panic, sometimes there isn't. After installing the needed Multibeast software(supposedly i don't need a DSDT) it only boots with the boot flags -x -F. I have no idea whats going on, but it also causes problems with the MBR in windows... i spent all morning fixing that problem... Re-installing windows, moving it, or changing it really isn't an option for me... i don't remember where the guide was, but the methods i'm following were in a how-to document.
I need to be able to Dual-Boot Mac and Windows, but first i just want to be a able to boot OSX without any boot flags... i would also prefer to use Chameleon to boot because it has been the most successful so far.

My Motherboard is an ASUS P7H55-M

Anyway thanks for reading this, any help is appreciated

-Quinn