Contribute
Register

Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to High Sierra Upgrade: Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA P55-US3L Rev1.0
CPU
2.67 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
GA Geforce GTS 250
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guys, I'm here again after 8 years running my good ol' build which it is still running smooth until today without any fuss.

Sadly when iTunes, browsers and now Dropbox has stop to support 10.6.8 machine, I guess it's time for an upgrade.

So yeah, back to the thread topic; Is it possible to upgrade 10.6.8 Snow Leopard to the 10.13 High Sierra?
Anyone here have experience doing so? What is your best advice?

Looking forward for some feedbacks. Thanks!

Guys, I'm here again after 8 years running my good ol' build which it is still running smooth until today without any fuss.

Sadly when iTunes, browsers and now Dropbox has stop to support 10.6.8 machine, I guess it's time for an upgrade.

So yeah, back to the thread topic; Is it possible to upgrade 10.6.8 Snow Leopard to the 10.13 High Sierra?
Anyone here have experience doing so? What is your best advice?

Looking forward for some feedbacks. Thanks!

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206886

According to Apple, you may not be able to (at least on a real Mac).

Apple suggests you download and install El Capitan from a link inside the above document (and then presumably to upgrade from El Capitan to High Sierra if High Sierra is what you want).

Can you find another friend who has access to a Mac or hackintosh that can directly download High Sierra for you? If so you can install High Sierra on your computer, but it will not be an "upgrade" in the normal sense since you will have to start from scratch.

Or, is El Capitan sufficient for your needs?

Thank you for the reply Mr Bond.

Are you saying that I can just upgrade to El Capitan from Snow Leopard(with the given link)?
For now yeah I think El Capitan is good enough for me.

Say if I'm installing the El Capitan, should I worry about the post-installation? Or I could just run back the multibeast?

Thanks!

UPDATE:
My machine now upgraded to El Capitan. So much easier compared to 8 years ago.
Kudos to everyone who involved with the development.

HACKINTOSH RULES! :headbang:

UPDATE:

Excellent. Enjoy your computer.

UPDATE:

Hi...
Can you guide me through the El Capitan upgrade process? I cant find it in the app store.
Thanks

Hi...
Can you guide me through the El Capitan upgrade process? I cant find it in the app store.
Thanks

Did you check the link I provided in a previous post above?

Did you check the link I provided in a previous post above?
Yes I did. When I click on the link to install el capitan I am directed to a new tab with the message "Connecting to the Mac App Store". I am unable to proceed after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back