Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,

I have an issue that I'm running into and after searching for many hours on how to fix it, I have decided to try to post to this wonderful sub-****** requesting help from the experts that are here.

I currently have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 running on my Hackintosh build, but the only way I can get it to boot is using iBoot. When using Unibeast to try to install El Capitan, I cannot get past a series of "+"s then reboots or when using safe mode gives me an error allocating pages . I have looked at the "Big list of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems" and tried what was recommended, but to no avail.

Hardware. Motherboard: B75M-D3H

Memory: 4GB (2x2GB sticks)

Hard drive: Single 1TB drive (No other partitions or OS)

Processor: Intel i5 3570k

Video card: NVidia 760

I have triple checked all my bios settings. I have tried different channels for my memory. I have tried multiple USB sticks as well as all the usb ports available on my computer. I have tried nvidia web drivers as well as completely removing the card and using onboard graphics. I have tried replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi. I tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

When using -v or verbose mode, I don't see the error allocating pages and instead see the "+" signs. When using safe mode, I get the error allocating pages message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello guys,

I have an issue that I'm running into and after searching for many hours on how to fix it, I have decided to try to post to this wonderful sub-****** requesting help from the experts that are here.

I currently have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 running on my Hackintosh build, but the only way I can get it to boot is using iBoot. When using Unibeast to try to install El Capitan, I cannot get past a series of "+"s then reboots or when using safe mode gives me an error allocating pages . I have looked at the "Big list of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems" and tried what was recommended, but to no avail.

Hardware. Motherboard: B75M-D3H

Memory: 4GB (2x2GB sticks)

Hard drive: Single 1TB drive (No other partitions or OS)

Processor: Intel i5 3570k

Video card: NVidia 760

I have triple checked all my bios settings. I have tried different channels for my memory. I have tried multiple USB sticks as well as all the usb ports available on my computer. I have tried nvidia web drivers as well as completely removing the card and using onboard graphics. I have tried replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi. I tried OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi

When using -v or verbose mode, I don't see the error allocating pages and instead see the "+" signs. When using safe mode, I get the error allocating pages message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kernel in snow leopard doesn't support Ivy bridge hence why you can't boot. You need to update to a newer version of OS X.

Kernel in snow leopard doesn't support Ivy bridge hence why you can't boot. You need to update to a newer version of OS X.
Thank you for your reply.

I however cannot boot from Unibeast's USB to try to install El Capitan... I can however boot it with iBoot. (Using the disk to select the USB drive). I'm not sure if it will install properly when doing though with Clover. Is there an easy way to upgrade my OS X to one that supports Ivy Bridge (I know that everything after Snow Leopard supports it), but again I'm not sure if an install with iBoot to boot Unibeast's USB would work after doing the installation.

Thank you for your reply.

I however cannot boot from Unibeast's USB to try to install El Capitan... I can however boot it with iBoot. (Using the disk to select the USB drive). I'm not sure if it will install properly when doing though with Clover. Is there an easy way to upgrade my OS X to one that supports Ivy Bridge (I know that everything after Snow Leopard supports it), but again I'm not sure if an install with iBoot to boot Unibeast's USB would work after doing the installation.

Attach screenshot of the problem you're having.

With safe mode, I get error allocating pages issue. Without safe mode, I get "+" symbols and it freezes. (Left on for about 4 hours before deciding that it was not going to boot). I have also tried this with OsxAptioFixDrv and get similar results. Tried different versions of Clover and reinstalled/used multiple different USB drives with Unibeast. As I stated before, the drive will boot when booted with iBoot, but I'm concerned over post installation after to boot into El Capitan.

Attachments

• 20160920_231900.jpg
    20160920_231900.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 122
  • 20160920_231934.jpg
    20160920_231934.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 112
With safe mode, I get error allocating pages issue. Without safe mode, I get "+" symbols and it freezes. (Left on for about 4 hours before deciding that it was not going to boot). I have also tried this with OsxAptioFixDrv and get similar results. Tried different versions of Clover and reinstalled/used multiple different USB drives with Unibeast. As I stated before, the drive will boot when booted with iBoot, but I'm concerned over post installation after to boot into El Capitan.

Attach Clover folder. Remove themes. (ZIP) Attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back