GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 760 GDDR5-2GB OC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Tonymac

I really need help here. I have built this Hackintosh using all the gear under your recommended MacPro motherboard, chip and graphics display. Yet I have been told and see that some of the components are not compatible. Such as Graphics and Ethernet. I haven't tested sound, but I wouldn't be surprised that is not working either.

I downloaded Yosemite, but it wont install. Not sure why, but I determined I need to make sure SL is working properly before I move on to installing Yosemite. Am i correct in thinking this or should i force the Yosemite installation? (Not sure if your site has the installation from 10.6.8 to 10.10).

KEYPOINT: Without the iBoot Haswell CD, my build will just freeze at the apple logo for a snow leopard boot. I am begging someone for HELP in this regard. Or at least steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Tonymac

I really need help here. I have built this Hackintosh using all the gear under your recommended MacPro motherboard, chip and graphics display. Yet I have been told and see that some of the components are not compatible. Such as Graphics and Ethernet. I haven't tested sound, but I wouldn't be surprised that is not working either.

I downloaded Yosemite, but it wont install. Not sure why, but I determined I need to make sure SL is working properly before I move on to installing Yosemite. Am i correct in thinking this or should i force the Yosemite installation? (Not sure if your site has the installation from 10.6.8 to 10.10).

KEYPOINT: Without the iBoot Haswell CD, my build will just freeze at the apple logo for a snow leopard boot. I am begging someone for HELP in this regard. Or at least steer me in the right direction.

Your hardware is too new to run Snow Leopard.
Snow Leopard is only a stepping stone to enable you to download and install Yosemite.

1. Install 10.6 Snow Leopard
2. Update to 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
3. Download Yosemite from App Store
4. Create UniBeast USB to install Yosemite

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back