Graphics
Intel GMA4500M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Dell E520 with 1GB of RAM, unplugged the cd-rw drive, and took out the modem, so it's only the NVidia 6150 grafx card and hard drive and DVD drive. Installing Snow Leopard 10.6.3.

I'm trying to use iboot 2.7.2, and also tried 3.3, and I get stuck at "Still Waiting for Root Device". Since I can't even get to the install screen, I still haven't even used the multibeast part yet. I tried with npci=2000, with Graphics Enabler=No, with PCIRootUID=1, and -x. Still no joy. I always use a -v so I can see what it's doing. It starts the iboot ok, I hit F5, replace the disk, and then it tries to start the installer, and keep getting stuck.

Above it it says:
USBF: 1.296 AppleUSBOHCI[0x2e2e000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep
USBF: 1.304 AppleUSBOHCI[0x30e7000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep
warning: couldn't set recording source to microphone...

Little help?

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
with nVidia GPU try booting with PCIRootUID=1

As I said in the post, I tried that already. :( No luck.

Tried those. I've traced it back to a problem with the SATA. Need to get around that.

Tried those. I've traced it back to a problem with the SATA. Need to get around that.

Is this one of the older BIOSs that do not have SATA mode AHCI? Try Enhanced mode if it has it.

Is this one of the older BIOSs that do not have SATA mode AHCI? Try Enhanced mode if it has it.

Pit only has Raid auto detect/ATA or Raid On. I've tried both. I don't have an enhanced mode. I wonder if I need a modified I Boot? Problem is, I haven't been able to locate one.

Pit only has Raid auto detect/ATA or Raid On. I've tried both. I don't have an enhanced mode. I wonder if I need a modified I Boot? Problem is, I haven't been able to locate one.
Try with iBoot Legacy and set the SATA mode to autodetect. If this does not work then your hardware/BIOS is just too old. Is there an update for your BIOS on the OEM web site that you can download and install?

I DL'ed the latest BIOS version from Dell, but no joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back