1. 0
Hi all

I would like to install snow leopard on my system:

Q6600 G0
Asus p5q Deluxe with official latest bios 2301
1xWD Caviar Green 1TB
2x2gb corsair
4870 512mb

I burn iboot 3 (the leatest version i think ) and i tried to install SL Retail ( i don't know exactly what version it is)

First of all i have modified my bios in this way (following one of the guides found on internet)

STORAGE CONFIGURATION
CONFIGURE SATA AS [AHCI]

CPU CONFIGURATION
C1E SUPPORT [ENABLE]
MAX CPUID VALUE LIMIT [DISABLE]
INTEL VIRTUALIZATION TECH [ENABLE]
CPU TM FUNCTION [DISABLE]
EXECUTE DISABLE BIT [ENABLE]

ONBOARD DEVICE CONFIGURATION
MARVELL IDE [DISABLE]

USB CONFIGURATION
ALL is ENABLE

POWER
SUSPEND MODE [S3 ONLY]
REPOST VIDEO ON S3 RESUME [YES]
ACPI 2.0 SUPPORT [ENABLE]
ACPI APIC SUPPORT [ENABLE]

I'm not able to arrive at the language selection point, because after the grey apple logo is on the screen and the circle is running i have a withe screen.

For this i tried to launch the installation with -x -v and also with PCIRootUID=1 or 0 but i have the same problem.

See the photo

IMG_20120528_234924.jpg

IMG_20120528_234935.jpg

One strange thing is that if i use my macbook pro osx cd install (10.6.4) i can achieve the language selection point and after the selection the installation starts but it stop before choosing the partion or the HD where to install .

I have this message " It is impossibile to install OSX on this Computer " so the possible option are Reboot and Restore (time machine or other)

Any ideas ?

I read on some guides that maybe it is necessary a bios mod for this motherboard.....

Thanks in advance!

Francesco

Triccio said:
please help me!! :beachball:
I had lot of trouble installing through dvd/cd, I wrote the image to hard drive and it seemed to work with my asus p5q se.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back