Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [SMCBatteryManager] Battery Percentage Randomly Stopped Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Clevo P650SE
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600, GTX 970M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Bit of a weird problem. When I first installed Catalina a few months ago by following the OpenCore guide, I seem to remember my battery percentage status working perfectly and showing in the menu bar. But I changed a million things since then, and at some point the battery percentage disappeared from the menu bar and now always shows as 0% in the settings. If I try to check the box that says "Show battery status in menu bar" the checkbox will immediately un-tick itself...

I still have SMCBatteryManager and VirtualSMC in my kexts folder, and both are added and enabled in the config.plist. I tried downgrading back to the original version of VirtualSMC I used but it did not make a difference.

I checked my EC values and all are 8-bit which presumably confirms it should not require additional patching:

EC.png

I also tried Rehabman's ACPIBatteryManager.kext instead, but this did not work either, despite people with the exact same laptop (Clevo P650SE) reporting success with no additional patches.

What could be causing the problem?

Model: Clevo P650SE
CPU: Haswell Intel Core i7-4720HQ
iGPU: Intel HD 4600
dGPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB
Memory: 12GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
Storage: 1TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD
Audio: Realtek ALC892
Trackpad: Synaptics PS/2
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8411B

Attachments

• config.plist
    26.2 KB · Views: 90
Here is my 'kextstat' output from the terminal. You see that SMCBatteryManager is listed:

Kextstat.png

I have attached my IOReg to this post. Any help appreciated...

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 56
I finally solved this after weeks of trouble.

Turns out I had SSDT-EC.aml in my ACPI when I didn't require it. It was only after trying to regenerate my SSDT-EC that SSDTTime told me the patch was not required. However, simply removing SSDT-EC caused a freeze at startup with the message "ApplePS2Controller: Notification consumer published: ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad"

I eventually found through extensive searching that I needed to set "Rename EC to EC0" to FALSE in my config.plist. As soon as I did that, Catalina was able to boot without the SSDT-EC.aml and my battery percentage was working perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back