I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

would someone on the forum kindly explain why a product name in smbios would work and not another one? Overall why smbios is so important and choosing the wrong one can preventing your system from booting?
My current product name is 14,2 and it is working fine. I upgraded to Catalina last week and the sidecar option does not appear. After some research it turned out that sidecar is only supported on specific models. Of course with my luck the model equivalent to a 14,2 product name is not in the list.
The issue I have is when I look at the closest specs of my hackintosh on everymac website, it turns out that my product name should be 15,1. I have an i7 Haswell 4790K series which corresponds to the 15,1 product name (14,2 is for an i7 4771 from memory). And 15,1 seems to be in the list of supported products to enable sidecar.
However in the latest clover configurator, 15,1 is for an i5 not an i7 k series. There is only one imac product name for an i7 k series in clover but that it is 18,1 for an i7 7700k.
Of course choosing 15,1 does not work. The system starts loading the OS with the apple logo and progressing bar, then screen goes black and that's it (safe behaviour in safe mode).
I have also noticed that because of the current product name that I am using (14,2) I am missing out on some settings. For instance in energy saver preferences panel I don't have the options to adjust the sleeping time, etc. Just one option to set the time to turn off the monitor
Any suggestion?
Thanks

check what is the last number serail for a product with I7, it my propose 15.2 or 17.1. Check and try 17,1

How would I do that? I mean first there is no 15.2 in clover and 17.1 is for an i5 in clover

please check but all mac17,1 aren t i7 but also i5 check (see to hackintool )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back