Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> SMBIOS iMac14,2 is working but not iMac18,3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lkthomas
First of all, you're trying to use a "wrong" SMBIOS. iMac18,3 has a dedicated GPU. From your description, your system only has iGPU.
The most appropriate SMBIOS for your machine would be iMac18,1 which uses iGPU only.

And use 0x59120000 as ig-platform-id.
I followed your instructions, still no go

Attachments

• IMG_20190305_233710.jpg
    IMG_20190305_233710.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 69
posted new plist file

Attachments

• config-test-1.plist
    7 KB · Views: 125
I followed your instructions, still no go
posted new plist file

I checked your attached .plist and seems you're using the old way of patching graphics. I noticed you also don't have any patches or renames under your acpi.

Anyway, try to use this config.plist.
Make sure you have the latest Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts.
Disable serial ports on your BIOS just as mentioned from previous comments.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 132
after added Lilu and whatevergreen kexts on "Other" folder in EFI, graphics seems working with iMac18,1

last thing, how could I config CPU power management?

Attached working config.plist file

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 106
after added Lilu and whatevergreen kexts on "Other" folder in EFI, graphics seems working with iMac18,1

last thing, how could I config CPU power management?

Attached working config.plist file

With the config.plist I have attached from the previous comment, I believe CPU power management should already be OK. You have to patch your USB though to improve power management. There's plenty of guides on how to do that. I personally used @headkaze Hackintool to create my USB.kext.

You can download IntelPowerGadget and check whether your CPU usage fluctuates.

EDIT:
Just checked your attached config.plist and AGAIN you went back on using the old way of patching. There's a new and recommended way of patching graphics especially for Mojave, and that is to patch via the Properties under Devices. Not on the Graphics and Fake ID sections.

With your current config.plist, I am not sure if CPU PM is working or will work as you have a lot of things missing or misconfigured. You don't have ACPI patches/renames. You don't have DropTables entries. You are not using PluginType, etc.
You don't have audio working. It is set to Inject=No in your config.

I would suggest using the config I attached from the previous comment and work from it.

Last edited:
With the config.plist I have attached from previous comment, I believe CPU power management should already be OK. You have to patch your USB though to improve power management. There's plenty of guides on how to do that. I personally used @headkaze Hackintool to create my USB.kext.

You can download IntelPowerGadget and check whether your CPU usage fluctuates.

Sorry I didn't use your config as it seems missing a lot of things, which power management settings did you use?

Also, for Hackintool, is there a guide for me to follow to build USB kext?

Sorry I didn't use your config as it seems missing a lot of things, which power management settings did you use?

Check EDIT comment from previous.

Also, for Hackintool, is there a guide for me to follow to build USB kext?

Download the tool, go to USB tab. Click on the "i" icon for the instruction.

Hi. Happy Holidays to everyone/anyone reading along.
I'm also having an issue with the iMAC14,2 SMBIOS and my build.
I used the Mojave build recommendations here which suggests to use the iMAC14,2 SMBIOS.
Since I'm using a Kaby Lake i7 CPU the correct SMBIOS should be iMac18,3.
The machine will not boot if I use the iMac18,3 (or any other) with the MultiBeast-11.3.0 Mojave-Edition utility.

The iMac 14.2 SMBIOS is not suitable for your system, it is suitable for a Haswell i7-4770, Z87 or Z97 system. It should only have been used to get macOS up and running on your machine and then a more suitable SMBIOS created/generated that matches your system.
The iMac 18.3 is the closest match for your system with an Apple system. This is the SMBIOS you should be using.

I actually have over 20 different Multibeast configurations saved and no matter what I change, if I use ANYTHING other than the iMAC14,2 SMBIOS the machine will not boot.
It gets stuck at what I think is the GPU handoff.
I am using the Intel Graphics HD 630 integrated GPU for the Intel's Kaby Lake CPU.
That's the second issue I'm having but for now I'd like to address the USB issue.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'm trying to get ALL the USB ports working at their proper speeds.
I've been told/read that because the SMBIOS is wrong that effects all sorts of things related to the motherboard, CPU, GPU, etc....

Here are my build components:
GA-Z270X-DESIGNARE MB
Fractal R6 USB-C Case
EVGA SuperNova 1000 G2 PSU
Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU
Crucial Ballistix 64GB DDR4 2666MHz DRAM
Noctura NH-U12A CPU cooler
Samsung 970 Pro M.2 2280 512Gb SSD (System HD)
Samsung 860 PRO V-NAND 512Gb SSD (System BkUp HD)
WD BLACK SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB SSD (Audio HD)
Samsung 860 EVO V-NAND 1TB SSD (Storage HD)

I've posted some things on a thread I started but haven't received any replies.
macOS Mojave Install on GA-Z270X-DESIGNARE

I've read so many threads about the USB port limit and how to go in and ID them, delete, reconfigure, rename...
I'm more then confused. What's a poor uneducated newbie Hackintosher to do?

I saw in one post (which I cannot find again) that there was an earlier version of the MultiBeast Mojave-Edition utility.
Version 11.0
That version had a different USB limit kext option that allowed for the limit to be changed to 30 ports.
Has anyone else seen this version of Multibeast? And this kext option?

I'll stop here.
Thanks again.
Happy 2020 everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back