Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 570
Hey gang

I was using the iMac 15.1 for the longest time, but it did't pick up the Monterey update in sys prefs. Switched to 17,1 as recommended by the people from OC. Update is seen but I have some other glitches going on.
-iCloud asks for password at every start up.
-some odd audio issues. (email sounds don't work, all other sounds seem to)

I am using the same serial# I have used before without issue, checked as is unvalid from Apple.

Still on Mojave, Monterey isn't really a priority, rather sort these issues out. Might roll back to iMac 15.1 if it solves the issue.

Thanks!

I am using the same serial# I have used before without issue,
If you switch to iMac 17,1 and Monterey it's best to generate new serials for that. A serial for iMac 15,1 is different in some ways that could cause problems with Apple services.

If you switch to iMac 17,1 and Monterey it's best to generate new serials for that. A serial for iMac 15,1 is different in some ways that could cause problems with Apple services.
Yeah I might try that as well, just redo it and see what happens. Thanks!

Install smbios MacBook Pro after installation rebuild on iMac
Not sure I follow, why would I do that, how does it solve issues?

Update!

Had some time tonight to screw around, so I tried a few Mac definitions just to see.
iMac 15,1 - works, all sounds in apps but no update to Monterey available.
MacMini 7,1 - works all sounds with update to Monterey
MacPro 7,1 - circle with line, oh well no time to figure that out

So back to iMac 17,1 .....and it worked. All sounds and update to Monterey is seen.
Hey @tsr96 looks like you were correct on this one!

Maybe something glitched the first go around to 17,1. I also tweaked the SMBIOS a little and signed back into icloud restarted and it didn't ask for a password. :headbang:

Now I can test out Monterey on a test partition.

Thx all for input!

Put a clean install from the smbios MacBook Pro 14 stick and after installing the smbios iMac. Then everything will work
Hey, thanks for the tip, I understood it the first time what to do, just not WHY doing it this way makes it work?

If you can expand your tip it would be helpful to me and anyone reading this thread.

Did some more tweaking.

So even after I reapplied iMac17,1 description and it seemed the extra sounds (mail etc) were working. But only on the initial restart, then after a short period of time they stop all together, and subsequent restarts do not activate them again. The rest of the sounds work just find, it's just a weird set of sounds which do not work for some reason.

Back to tweaking I fixed my iCloud asking for password on each restart, finally.

Please Can anyone help me out am trying to install Monterey on Dell e7440 Haswell have tried many EFI is not working for me I need help

Please Can anyone help me out am trying to install Monterey on Dell e7440 Haswell have tried many EFI is not working for me I need help
This thread is:
Screen_Shot_6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back