Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall Clover Configurator had some updates to the firmware features defined for SMBIOS 19,x.
I'm using 19,1 from before these updates. My current Firmware Features are 0xFD8FF576, Firmware Feature Mask 0xFF1FFF3F and Platform Feature 0x00.
If I select the newest 19,1 SMBIOS they change to Firmware Feature Mask 0xFFDFFF7F, Platform Feature 0x22.

Should I update this? What are the benefits? It generates a new serial number when I do the change also. Will that screw my account/imessage etc?

Could anyone advice me, which AirPort/Bluetooth card should i buy? I didn't find anywhere original card mounted in A2115 2019.
Here is my spec:
MacOS Catalina 10.15
Intel Core i9-9900K, 3.6GHz, 16MB
Asus ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI CODE
SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512GB PCIe x4 NVMe
SSD Samsung 850 Pro
sapphire Radeon RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
Noctua NH-D15
SeaSonic Prime Platinum 1300W
Ballistix Ballistix Sport LT, DDR4, 32 GB,3200MHz, CL16

I don't know if there's enough room under the shroud, but if there is, you can use an Apple made BCM94360CS2 with adaptor to replace the existing Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card.

If there isn't enough room, you can use Dell DW1560 and replace the existing Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card. The DW1560 will require a few kexts but is proven to work well with hackintoshes.

I recall Clover Configurator had some updates to the firmware features defined for SMBIOS 19,x.
I'm using 19,1 from before these updates. My current Firmware Features are 0xFD8FF576, Firmware Feature Mask 0xFF1FFF3F and Platform Feature 0x00.
If I select the newest 19,1 SMBIOS they change to Firmware Feature Mask 0xFFDFFF7F, Platform Feature 0x22.

Should I update this? What are the benefits? It generates a new serial number when I do the change also. Will that screw my account/imessage etc?

You can just copy and paste the new code to your existing config.plist so you don't have to use a new serial.

I have been trying to get my SMBIOS changed to 19.2 or 19.1 but my clover configurator doesn't show any options past 18.3

I have an i7 8700K with Aorus Pro Z390 motherboard. I think these wold fit the criteria of the 19.2 SMBIOS

any suggestions would be much appreciated!

clover 5098 latest
configurator 5.6.2.0

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.47.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.47.10 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 171
iMac19,2 SMBios

I had the same issue when I switched to imac 19.2. The problem was that the USBinjectall.kext didnt have The 19.2 SMBIOS in the info.plist

I followed this guide to make a working usb.kext. It worked great for me.

You can just copy and paste the new code to your existing config.plist so you don't have to use a new serial.
I just did it like that and swopped over to iMac Pro 1,1 after that iMessages, Facetime and Handoff stopped working. Even when I tried the older 19.1 iMac and did a the fix iMessage guide, got a brand new serial. Nothing works so far.

And I just did it because one day the hackMac didn't show any picture after waking up and a couple of guys wrote that this behavior comes from the iGPU. Use Handoff and messages a lot and that sux at the moment that it does not work. I also cannot unlock macOS with the watch. So something is really crooked. Will do a complete reinstall (whipping everything) tomorrow, so hopefully it will work then again.

I just did it like that and swopped over to iMac Pro 1,1 after that iMessages, Facetime and Handoff stopped working. Even when I tried the older 19.1 iMac and did a the fix iMessage guide, got a brand new serial. Nothing works so far.

And I just did it because one day the hackMac didn't show any picture after waking up and a couple of guys wrote that this behavior comes from the iGPU. Use Handoff and messages a lot and that sux at the moment that it does not work. I also cannot unlock macOS with the watch. So something is really crooked. Will do a complete reinstall (whipping everything) tomorrow, so hopefully it will work then again.

Assuming you kept everything else the same, changing "Firmware Features" and "Firmware Features Mask" should have no affect on Messages, FaceTime, or Handoff.

If Preview and Quick Look was working and suddenly broke one day, even before changing Firmware Features and Firmware Features Mask, your problems probably lie elsewhere.

I had a similar issue on my iHacPro. what you are describing seems to be UUID issue. Make sure clover converts your custom uuid, and if switching smbios, you should change UUID as well. I don't think the same uuid would work across different smbios

Assuming you kept everything else the same, changing "Firmware Features" and "Firmware Features Mask" should have no affect on Messages, FaceTime, or Handoff.

If Preview and Quick Look was working and suddenly broke one day, even before changing Firmware Features and Firmware Features Mask, your problems probably lie elsewhere.

Hi thanks for your reply.
Everything worked except waking the screen and that happened from one day to another. I just restarted the machine every day. But that could not have been the solution for ever.
So that is why I switched to iMac Pro 1,1 but of course to keep the Preview / Quicklook alive I had to turn off the igpu. And I just kept everything the same. Probably that is the problem. But also after changing the SN and Board Serial and also the UUID did not bring iMessages, Handoff, etc. back to life.

What do you use? iMac Pro or the normal iMac? Could you share your config.plist / SMBIOS from clover? Or do you have anything else to consider?

I had a similar issue on my iHacPro. what you are describing seems to be UUID issue. Make sure clover converts your custom uuid, and if switching smbios, you should change UUID as well. I don't think the same uuid would work across different smbios

Hi, also thanks for answering.

Tried everything. Erased the whole partition except the EFI. Generated a new SMBIOS, Installed Catalina, everything except the Messages, Handoff etc. works. Drives me crazy.

Is there something important in the nvram.plist that I have to change too?

Maybe I should try to use the iMac 19.1 again. Worked good till the issue happened. But I also read that it would be better to stick with iMac Pro 1.1 because that would have better results with rendering out videos and other pro apps like adobe stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back