Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering moving from 18,3 to 19,1 SMBOIS since I've now updated to 10.14.5. Do people think this is a good move? It's probably the closest to my hardware. I've skimmed over the thread and it seems worth ago. Can I keep the same serial number and board ID as before to save time or is it best to start fresh.

Last edited:
So I need to change everything in the smbios? Do I need to change serial number

I've tried both 19,1 and 19,2. Both boot ok for me on 10.14.5. I am using no compat check currently but will try without soon. I'm using lilu and WEG latest. If I don't have any setup in clover's devices/properties then my UHD is visible in system profiler for both 19,1 & 19,2. I can't get headless igpu like @pastrychef has his setup with minimal setup. However I'm on an 8700K, maybe that's why. If I use the hackintool way of adding device properties to my config, I can see I have full hardware encoding in video proc, but it says N/A for the device where it should list Intel UHD630 at the top. Checking with intel power gadget and running the Sony camp 4K video I see no quicksync activity. In order to get headless working and showing activity in power gadget, I have to use inject intel and 3E920003. This only works on 19,1, again didn't see anything in power gadget when trying this with 19,2. That's what is working good for me. Was using 18,3 before. I also get a faster boot with inject intel on.

I've tried both 19,1 and 19,2. Both boot ok for me on 10.14.5. I am using no compat check currently but will try without soon. I'm using lilu and WEG latest. If I don't have any setup in clover's devices/properties then my UHD is visible in system profiler for both 19,1 & 19,2. I can't get headless igpu like @pastrychef has his setup with minimal setup. However I'm on an 8700K, maybe that's why. If I use the hackintool way of adding device properties to my config, I can see I have full hardware encoding in video proc, but it says N/A for the device where it should list Intel UHD630 at the top. Checking with intel power gadget and running the Sony camp 4K video I see no quicksync activity. In order to get headless working and showing activity in power gadget, I have to use inject intel and 3E920003. This only works on 19,1, again didn't see anything in power gadget when trying this with 19,2. That's what is working good for me. Was using 18,3 before. I also get a faster boot with inject intel on.

Are you on the latest Clover?

If you use Hackintool to set your ig-platform-id in config.plist > Devices > Properties, try changing the name to "Intel HD Graphics CFL". After the change, VideoProc should show your IGPU.
Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 6.55.39 AM.png

Are you on the latest Clover?

If you use Hackintool to set your ig-platform-id in config.plist > Devices > Properties, try changing the name to "Intel HD Graphics CFL". After the change, VideoProc should show your IGPU.
View attachment 414327

I'm on the latest Clover Configurator but not the latest Clover on my EFI. I'm running 4910, should I be running the latest? Will give that a go and report back, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back