Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runs great using iMac 18,3, though, except the computer Restarts after I click Shutdown. I have to shut down using the case power button.

Since Z390 doesn't have native NVRAM, you may need to install RC scripts to avoid this.

Since Z390 doesn't have native NVRAM, you may need to install RC scripts to avoid this.
Thanks; I will try this.

[Edit: Nope, updated Clover to version 4934, told it to install RC scripts on all volumes, but Shutdown still results in Restart.]

Last edited:
I need to read this entire thread. I tried iMac 19,1 on my Hackintosh running 10.14.5 and it was a disaster. Runs great using iMac 18,3, though, except the computer Restarts after I click Shutdown. I have to shut down using the case power button.
I was having that problem as well, but now I'm using OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi and my shutdown and restart work properly.

Changed mine and lost my bluetooth so gone back to 18,2.

Changed mine and lost my bluetooth so gone back to 18,2.
In my case
19,2 kills bluetooth because it doesn't load HS11-HS14. (Mine resides on HS12)
19,1 loads all the usb ports.

No BT in either case for me.

I have NVRAM completely native in my Maximus XI Hero WiFi with the latest BIOS.
Maybe Gigabyte motherboards do not have it yet.

Last edited:
I have NVRAM completely native in my Maximus XI Hero WiFi with the latest BIOS.
Maybe Gigabyte motherboards do not have it yet.
Mine is a Z390 Gigabyte board. Same as his, so not sure what he's doing differently.

Edit:
Actually, I looked at his setup again. He's running an Asus motherboard. Mine is Gigabyte.

Last edited:
Mine is a Z390 Gigabyte board. Same as his, so not sure what he's doing differently.
I would like to hear from someone with the same motherboard of mine and see if the NVRAM also works natively or emulated?
When I created this post, my NVRAM was emulated, but now everything works perfectly natively.

I have no RX580 but under 14.14.5 B3 the temperature for my Vega 64 is at 33 degrees celsius without fans (idle)

Can anyone report idle dGPU temps for RX580 running SMBios 19.x? Mine still settles no lower than 45 degrees celcius (dGPU fans still off), and more like around 50. Can that not be lower/better? It's in the 30s iirc running Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back