Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to using hardware acceleration with UHD 630 and 10.14.4 special built without whatevergreen. After I upgrade, the hardware acceleration works fine when start and restart, but not after sleep and wake. If I reinstall the whatevergreen, it fixes the problem. Any one knows what happen or have the same problem? I7 9700k asus z390

drivers64UEFI
->ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
->EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
->FSInject-64.efi
->HFSPlus.efi
->OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
->PartitionDxe-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
kexts
->AppleALC.kext
->FakePCIID.kext
->FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
->FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
->FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
->FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
->FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
->FakeSMC.kext
->IntelMausiEthernet.kext
->Lilu.kext
->NoVPAJpeg.kext
->USBInjectAll.kext

- On 19,1 I tried almost everything to make it work (get correct iGPU name "CFL") without WEG but nothing worked. Blank screen after boot.
- When I try iMacPro1,1 with igpu disabled from bios, I am unable to get hardware acceleration via dGPU (Vega 64) for H264.

I really wonder what I am missing....

Hi all! sorry for not answering them, I have a very demanding time job.

I'll explain a little, basically the hardware I'm using, I want to make a guide but time does not allow it.

CPU: 9900k (Without Overclock, it's fine with me)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero (WiFi / Pretended to explore CNVi to try to make it work.) last BIOS Version 1005
DGPU:
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB (MacOS of course) Asus Strix 1070 GTX (Windows 10 Pro - Games), My hack knows how to boot depending on the MacOS or Windows system
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz
Case: Evolv X
Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro
WiFi / Bluetooth: BCM943602CS PCI Card
PSU: AX1500i Digital ATX
Mouse: Logitech G903
Keyboard: Logitech G910 / Apple
Monitor: Acer Predator X34
Headset: G933 WIRELESS 7.1 RGB
Headset Stand: ST100 RGB USB 3.1 Premium with 7.1 Sound

I am using a patched DSDT, this makes practically all the magic to look like MacOS, maybe some of them have problems and they do not manage to make their hacks work like mine because of this.

I do not use many settings in my config.plist, I only use ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in drivers64UEFI Folder.
My NVRAM is native, so I do not need to emulate it.
Everything works perfect.
USB: 2.0 / 3.0 / 3.1 / USB-C
Handoff / Continuity / Apple Watch unlock / more
WIFI: 2.4 / 5 GHZ
Bluetooh
Sound
Sleep/Wake
More

As soon as I am home I will upload my EFI folder, but basically I am already summarizing my configuration.
Sorry if I can not help them, I'll try as soon as my time allows me, I'm not an expert either, but I try to give what I've learned.

sorry for my english, I speak spanish

Hi all! sorry for not answering them, I have a very demanding time job.

I'll explain a little, basically the hardware I'm using, I want to make a guide but time does not allow it.

CPU: 9900k (Without Overclock, it's fine with me)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero (WiFi / Pretended to explore CNVi to try to make it work.) last BIOS Version 1005
DGPU:
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB (MacOS of course) Asus Strix 1070 GTX (Windows 10 Pro - Games), My hack knows how to boot depending on the MacOS or Windows system
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000Mhz
Case: Evolv X
Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro
WiFi / Bluetooth: BCM943602CS PCI Card
PSU: AX1500i Digital ATX
Mouse: Logitech G903
Keyboard: Logitech G910 / Apple
Monitor: Acer Predator X34
Headset: G933 WIRELESS 7.1 RGB
Headset Stand: ST100 RGB USB 3.1 Premium with 7.1 Sound

I am using a patched DSDT, this makes practically all the magic to look like MacOS, maybe some of them have problems and they do not manage to make their hacks work like mine because of this.

I do not use many settings in my config.plist, I only use ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi and AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in drivers64UEFI Folder.
My NVRAM is native, so I do not need to emulate it.
Everything works perfect.
USB: 2.0 / 3.0 / 3.1 / USB-C
Handoff / Continuity / Apple Watch unlock / more
WIFI: 2.4 / 5 GHZ
Bluetooh
Sound
Sleep/Wake
More

As soon as I am home I will upload my EFI folder, but basically I am already summarizing my configuration.
Sorry if I can not help them, I'll try as soon as my time allows me, I'm not an expert either, but I try to give what I've learned.

sorry for my english, I speak spanish

hey how did u manage to get 2 different gpu working. like how your hacke booted in to the corecet gpu acording to the os. i was trying to do that. but i am really stuck and have no more information how to do that. can u tell me ur way? thank you so much

hi there all is there a way to get full hardware acceleration working with IGPU fully enabled with Vega 64 16gb frontier edition and rx 480 I think I have currently setup my IGPU headless that's the only way I am able to get hevc and video encoding working please let me know how to get IGPU fully enabled with hardware acc along with both igpu working or should I leave it in headless config

let me know how to get IGPU fully enabled with hardware acc along with both igpu working or should I leave it in headless config

@aseem.singh,

In a system with dGPU(s) + IGPU it is best to configure the IGPU as Headless as thats how real Macs are configured.
MacOS will use the IGPU as a sort of GPU Co-Processor for certain encode/decode tasks, Airplay streaming and compute.

MacOS dynamically manages the load across the the IGPU + dGPU(s) depending on the task.

My advice is to leave the IGPU configured as "Headless" .... you'll gain nothing by trying to use it as a "Active" GPU and it will more than likely cause problems if you do.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
hey how did u manage to get 2 different gpu working. like how your hacke booted in to the corecet gpu acording to the os. i was trying to do that. but i am really stuck and have no more information how to do that. can u tell me ur way? thank you so much
You need to know which PCI slot you want to disable (this is where you have your Nvidia card) and then create an SSDT or modify your DSDT with the following.
Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    If (LNot (Arg2))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                             0x03                                           
                        })
                    }

Return (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "name",
                        Buffer (0x09)
                        {
                            "#display"
                        },

"IOName",
                        "#display",
                        "class-code",
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF                         
                        }
                    })
                }

Now macOS will not recognize your Nvidia card, then you must go to windows and disable your AMD card.
You must use 2 different cables connected to your monitor, and depending on what you want to boot, change the input of your monitor.

I'm on 18,2 should I change to 19,1 as its the closest match to my cpu? What is the advantage exactly?

I'm on 18,2 should I change to 19,1 as its the closest match to my cpu? What is the advantage exactly?
If you decide to change SMBios you must do it to iMac 19,2 since it uses an 8700k, the closest thing to your 8600k.

Does anyone know Cpu-Type for i7 9700K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back