Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this only applies IF one is running macOS 10.14.4 (18E2034) "Special Build?" Everyone else needs to have the ig-platform-id specified?

Also, is there a way to upgrade to the special build from macOS 10.14.4 (18E227) or is fresh install required?

I have been leaving everything blank for quite a long time. I think since 10.14.0. It should also work with 10.13.6. Beyond that, I don't know.

Previously in post #162, confirm that the new iMac 19,1, used a 9900k, and also explain how to make our processor recognized by macOS.

In that post I said that it was necessary CPU-Type 0x1009 in clover (It works perfect), but nevertheless now I can confirm that the correct value that we should use for CPU-Type is 0x1005
As I show in the following capture of the dump of a real iMac 19,1, the CPU-Type is "0510", therefore, the correct value that we should use in clover is CPU-Type: 0x1005

Also I can confirm that the IGPU "AAPL, ig-platform-id" = <0300983e> recognized as "Intel HD Graphics CFL" model

I have been leaving both of these blank. Should I make these two changes?

Also, I'm sorry for being a noob about this stuff, but do we want it to recognize our iGPU as "Intel HD Graphics CFL"?

-Kyle

I downloaded EFI Unified r5.0 (Mojave) and copied your settings from Graphics and Devices sections. Nothing but KP.

That's probably not a good idea... If you're going to try my EFI, use the whole thing and get rid of any hackintosh kexts you have in /Library/Extensions/.

That's probably not a good idea... If you're going to try my EFI, use the whole thing and get rid of any hackintosh kexts you have in /Library/Extensions/.
I just opened the config.plist that was inside your EFI folder and manually duplicated the settings in my config.plist. I didn't copy your EFI. Reading some of the previous posts, i thought that's all I had to do.

I just opened the config.plist that was inside your EFI folder and manually duplicated the settings in my config.plist. I didn't copy your EFI. Reading some of the previous posts, i thought that's all I had to do.

If you want to try, just copy your current Serial, Board Serial, and UUID if you are using the same system definition to the config.plist in my EFI then replace your entire EFI with it. Remember to get rid of any hackintosh kexts you have in /Library/Extensions/ if you are trying my EFI folder.

Of course, be sure to make a backup of your existing EFI.

If you want to try, just copy your current Serial, Board Serial, and UUID if you are using the same system definition to the config.plist in my EFI then replace your entire EFI with it. Remember to get rid of any hackintosh kexts you have in /Library/Extensions/ if you are trying my EFI folder.

Of course, be sure to make a backup of your existing EFI.
Shoot, I just realized that I didn't update my current signature. My Z270 Hero rocks. No issues. This build I'm working on now is based on Z390 Designare with i9-9900K and RX580 based on this build. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Shoot, I just realized that I didn't update my current signature. My Z270 Hero rocks. No issues. This build I'm working on now is based on Z390 Designare with i9-9900K and RX580 based on this build. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Z390 is a completely different beast. My EFI folder will most probably need modification to work right with Z390.

I picked up a Z390 motherboard, played with it for 12 straight hours, put it back in the box, and tossed it to the back of my closet. At least on the Z390 motherboard that I have (Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming), it was a PITA to get macOS booted and there were some really strange BIOS behavior. Nowhere near as good as my Asus Z370 motherboard for hackintoshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back