Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to have worked with getting the UHD 630 to show up in VideoProc. Still don't see any airplay menu option though.

Is your Apple TV on the same network?

Ah that's my mistake. I was under the assumption that the menu would show up regardless if I had an Apple TV connected or not (I have one, it's just sitting in my closet right now). Thought I read somewhere that it was a good indicator towards a fully working system. My bad!

Ah that's my mistake. I was under the assumption that the menu would show up regardless if I had an Apple TV connected or not (I have one, it's just sitting in my closet right now). Thought I read somewhere that it was a good indicator towards a fully working system. My bad!

Btw, if/when you ever need/want to pull out your RX 580 and just use IGPU or change to a different graphics card (assuming it's supported by macOS), you can now do so without making any changes because you've removed all the fixed settings and now allowing the system to detect what hardware you are using. Imo, this is a much more elegant solution to how you were doing it before.

Btw, if/when you ever need/want to pull out your RX 580 and just use IGPU or change to a different graphics card (assuming it's supported by macOS), you can now do so without making any changes because you've removed all the fixed settings and now allowing the system to detect what hardware you are using. Imo, this is a much more elegant solution to how you were doing it before.

Well that sounds great. Super elegant solution. Thanks for all your help.

I just have to say, this thing is running so great on iMacPro 1,1 - even with the RX 580 in there.

Something changed, maybe it's just the 10.14.5 beta 3, but my RX 580 fans are tamed completely now and dead silent and off unless temps call for some action.

What's your RX 580 idle/normal temperature? Mine stabilized around 46-51 degrees C during only lightweight work. That's on 10.14.4 with SMBIOS iMac18,3, dGPU fans off for these temps (modded bios) and a 120mm intake and outtake fan at around 500rpm. I think I recall idle temps being significantly lower in Windows on this card, so perhaps 10.14.5 can get closer to that...

Last edited:
I have no RX580 but under 14.14.5 B3 the temperature for my Vega 64 is at 33 degrees celsius without fans (idle)

Hello friends some time out for work.
I am recently having random freezes, only when I connect to my NAS (Server) and play videos with VLC, this only happens if I play videos from my NAS, if I play the same videos using an external HDD there is no problem.

My Hack is perfect as long as I do not try to play videos from my NAS, maybe someone can have an idea of why this happens.

Thank you!

CPU info Update

Previously in post #162, confirm that the new iMac 19,1, used a 9900k, and also explain how to make our processor recognized by macOS.

In that post I said that it was necessary CPU-Type 0x1009 in clover (It works perfect), but nevertheless now I can confirm that the correct value that we should use for CPU-Type is 0x1005
As I show in the following capture of the dump of a real iMac 19,1, the CPU-Type is "0510", therefore, the correct value that we should use in clover is CPU-Type: 0x1005

Also I can confirm that the IGPU "AAPL, ig-platform-id" = <0300983e> recognized as "Intel HD Graphics CFL" model

Oh this only applies IF one is running macOS 10.14.4 (18E2034) "Special Build?" Everyone else needs to have the ig-platform-id specified?

Also, is there a way to upgrade to the special build from macOS 10.14.4 (18E227) or is fresh install required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back