Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
IORegistry looks the same as yours now for the iGPU. Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately my CPU (i7-9700K) isn't recognized in 'about this mac'.

Tried CPU Type: 0x0709 and FakeCPUID: 0x0906EC with no luck. Not too bothered by it, but I do wish it worked. Can't expect it to work though with an i7 9th gen :\.

One added advantage to leaving everything blank is, if/when you remove your dGPU, you can just plug your monitor cable in to a motherboard connector and it should just work.

As for About This Mac, it's strictly cosmetic... Personally, I would not mess with FakeCPUID unless it's needed for proper macOS functionality and, in this case, it's not. According to the documentation, 0x070x is correct. You just have to figure out the value of "x"...

One added advantage to leaving everything blank is, if/when you remove your dGPU, you can just plug your monitor cable in to a motherboard connector and it should just work.

As for About This Mac, it's strictly cosmetic... Personally, I would not mess with FakeCPUID unless it's needed for proper macOS functionality and, in this case, it's not. According to the documentation, 0x070x is correct. You just have to figure out the value of "x"...

Makes sense, I won't touch it.

One thing I noticed, I don't have any airplay stuff in my top right menu bar. Bluetooth and Wifi are working properly, as is my iGPU. Is there something I'm missing?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 8.35.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 8.35.48 PM.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 8.36.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 8.36.20 PM.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 8.36.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 8.36.56 PM.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 109
Makes sense, I won't touch it.

One thing I noticed, I don't have any airplay stuff in my top right menu bar. Bluetooth and Wifi are working properly, as is my iGPU. Is there something I'm missing?

To see the AirPlay option on the menu bar, you need the following:
Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 8.43.55 PM.png

Also, VideoProc is showing that it's using your RX 580. It should be showing your UHD 630. Make sure you don't have that Dummy kext.

To see the AirPlay option on the menu bar, you need the following:
View attachment 402993

Also, VideoProc is showing that it's using your RX 580. It should be showing your UHD 630. Make sure you don't have that Dummy kext.

Hmm, checking that box doesn't make it show up. Not a big deal, just odd.

Just noticed this! I don't believe I have any dummy kext installed, which one are you referring to?. Was too focused on the green dots coming up and thought everything was working.

Just noticed this! I don't believe I have any dummy kext installed, which one are you referring to?. Was too focused on the green dots coming up and thought everything was working.

Please post your EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.5 MB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back