Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
new Smbios only works on 14.5 beta and a special version of 14.4 correct?

new Smbios only works on 14.5 beta and a special version of 14.4 correct?

It can be made to work on standard version of 10.14.4 by using the "-no_compat_check" boot argument.

It can be made to work on standard version of 10.14.4 by using the "-no_compat_check" boot argument.
I can confirm the same. I've been running iMac19,1 for the past week on my system and it's been perfectly stable.

Looks like for me 19,2 is pretty much bang on for me. If I change (will wait for the update) will I have to change my serial and UUID again?

This is the way to get the special build from the server.
Change system defintion to iMac 19.X, add boot args -no_compat_check then reboot into recovery drive are reinstall mac os on the same drive, without formatting,your files will be kept.
After everything is finish, you’ll have the special build 10.14.4 for iMac 19.X, now it is safe to remove the boot args.

This is the way to get the special build from the server.
Change system defintion to iMac 19.X, add boot args -no_compat_check then reboot into recovery drive are reinstall mac os on the same drive, without formatting,your files will be kept.
After everything is finish, you’ll have the special build 10.14.4 for iMac 19.X, now it is safe to remove the boot args.
It will fix the CPU type? Cause I never add this boot arg and my hack is working without any problem.

What is this boot arg exactly?

Last edited:
It will fix the CPU type? Cause I never add this boot arg and my hack is working without any problem.

What is this boot arg exactly?

i9 still Unknowww cpu.

Its a boot args that skips system compatibility check with the mac os version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back