Contribute
Register

SMBios 19.x - iMacs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi thanks for your reply.
Everything worked except waking the screen and that happened from one day to another. I just restarted the machine every day. But that could not have been the solution for ever.
So that is why I switched to iMac Pro 1,1 but of course to keep the Preview / Quicklook alive I had to turn off the igpu. And I just kept everything the same. Probably that is the problem. But also after changing the SN and Board Serial and also the UUID did not bring iMessages, Handoff, etc. back to life.

What do you use? iMac Pro or the normal iMac? Could you share your config.plist / SMBIOS from clover? Or do you have anything else to consider?

I have been using iMacPro1,1 with IGPU disabled for the last few months.

If/when you change system definitions, you should generate new Serial, Board Serial, UUID.
If you are keeping same system definition, there's no need to re-do Serial, Board Serial, UUID.

I had all sorts of problems with stability on my Z390 too. On my Z390, I had difficulty keeping the system up for more than 2 days. My Z370, will run for weeks or months at a time. I suspected the stability issues I was experiencing was RAM related and Gigabyte has since released a new BIOS updated to address RAM issues but I already switched back to using my Z370 as my daily driver and have relegated my Z390 mostly to gaming in Windows.

EFI folders for my Z370 are always available in my Z370 thread. Link is below in my signature.

I never published my Z390 EFI folders because I was never able to get that system running up to my own standards in terms of stability. That being said, I had better luck with OpenCore than Clover on my Z390 but it still never ran macOS as well or as stably as my Z370 which I feel is about as close to perfect as we can get.

Hi thanks for your reply.
Everything worked except waking the screen and that happened from one day to another. I just restarted the machine every day. But that could not have been the solution for ever.
So that is why I switched to iMac Pro 1,1 but of course to keep the Preview / Quicklook alive I had to turn off the igpu. And I just kept everything the same. Probably that is the problem. But also after changing the SN and Board Serial and also the UUID did not bring iMessages, Handoff, etc. back to life.

What do you use? iMac Pro or the normal iMac? Could you share your config.plist / SMBIOS from clover? Or do you have anything else to consider?

Hi, also thanks for answering.

Tried everything. Erased the whole partition except the EFI. Generated a new SMBIOS, Installed Catalina, everything except the Messages, Handoff etc. works. Drives me crazy.

Is there something important in the nvram.plist that I have to change too?

Maybe I should try to use the iMac 19.1 again. Worked good till the issue happened. But I also read that it would be better to stick with iMac Pro 1.1 because that would have better results with rendering out videos and other pro apps like adobe stuff.
I understand that you have reset the whole partition and reinstalled OS but you still need to make sure the smUUID is generated in smbios and you need a custom UUID in System Parameters. im almost certain that this is the issue with iMessage and and App Store etc. I had this same exact issue when trying to switch smbios from imacpro1,1 to iMac 19, then when I switched back I had the issue with iCloud/imessage. check your boot log for an entry like this ":2:633 0:000 Converted CustomUUID". and that will let you know if the UUID is converted successfully. and also , im using imacpro1,1 smbios and I have igpu enabled and quicklook and preview works as expected. your issue with sleep/wake may come from the newer version of lilu and WEG since they automatically handle all GPU settings. you should Manually add device properties for the igpu in config.plist. I was having sleep/wake issues just 2 days ago, and once I added device properties in config.plist sleep/wake works normally, I just cannot wake from key or mouse press. IGPU must be active to get correct sleep/wake

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back