intel i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
​Have recently seen and fallen in love with the corsair 250d case and love the idea of a small form factor PC/hackintosh that still packs a punch. Almost an elite Mac mini.

I want to install a gtx 780 maybe ti if drivers updated by then, need wifi and also want to install a capture card (aver media live capture pro) also dual boot and have two 3.5 hdds and two ssds. What are my options? Any good build logs you could point me towards?

thanks

inspiration:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd....3x403/1545187_448987555227279_989035279_n.jpg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n85xxr...top_uri=/watch?v=n85xxrCHnyg&feature=youtu.be

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi

Looks like that is a mini-itx form factor case - this is going to limit your options quite significantly. If your capture card is a PCI-e card, then this motherboard form factor is simply not going to work for you. You will need to look at micro-atx motherboards and cases if you want to install more than one PCI-e card. To add to this, the built-in wifi of most mini-itx motherboards does not work. So you will need to either get a USB wifi dongle or look at the PCI offerings. The hdd's you should be able to fit into your case - sometimes you may need to get creative. You will need to research users of the case you are looking at.

Short answer is, you need to go back to the drawing board as your requirements and case selection are not compatible.

Motherboard
gigabyte z77x-ud5h
CPU
intel i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

I was wondering if I was to go the MinI Itx route what would be the best options for the motherboard? I will be using a i7 3770k which I would like to overclock plus a gtx780ti as soon as compatible.

its a shame that wifi does not work on these boards, are usb wifi adapters reliable? And can they be used for gaming?

Thanks

LEONARD :p

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

I was wondering if I was to go the MinI Itx route what would be the best options for the motherboard? I will be using a i7 3770k which I would like to overclock plus a gtx780ti as soon as compatible.

its a shame that wifi does not work on these boards, are usb wifi adapters reliable? And can they be used for gaming?

Thanks

The Asus P8Z77-I mITX would be a good choice to go with the I7 3770K. The mPCIe half height WiFi/BT card can be replaced with one that works with OS X - see the post install->networking forum for a card that has both. The board OCs easily.
For reference to the board see http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/54645-test-report-asus-p8z77-i-mini-itx-3570k.html

Motherboard
gigabyte z77x-ud5h
CPU
intel i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
The Asus P8Z77-I mITX would be a good choice to go with the I7 3770K. The mPCIe half height WiFi/BT card can be replaced with one that works with OS X - see the post install->networking forum for a card that has both. The board OCs easily.
For reference to the board see http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/54645-test-report-asus-p8z77-i-mini-itx-3570k.html

That board looks very good! It's got fantastic reviews.
Can you talk me through how I would replace the wifi/BT I'm a little confused.
Thanks for the help

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
That board looks very good! It's got fantastic reviews.
Can you talk me through how I would replace the wifi/BT I'm a little confused.
Thanks for the help

Is very easy. Locate the existing half height card by the gfx card slot. The antenna wires are held to the card with a connector something like a metal button snap - just carefully lever the connector off - note which wire goes to which connector (not sure it make a difference, but why take chances, right?). There is one small screw holding the card to the board. remove the screw and lift the card edge slightly, pull away from the mPCIe connector. Insert new card in connector, replace screw and antenna wire connectors and you are done.

Motherboard
gigabyte z77x-ud5h
CPU
intel i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Is very easy. Locate the existing half height card by the gfx card slot. The antenna wires are held to the card with a connector something like a metal button snap - just carefully lever the connector off - note which wire goes to which connector (not sure it make a difference, but why take chances, right?). There is one small screw holding the card to the board. remove the screw and lift the card edge slightly, pull away from the mPCIe connector. Insert new card in connector, replace screw and antenna wire connectors and you are done.
Seems easy enough, I'm sure I would not have a problem installing it.
I see you used the AR9280 in your build is this a good card to go for? Does it work in mavericks? Was looking for an AR9380 but can't seem to buy one anywhere, the ar9280's seem readily available on eBay. Or is there a better card I should be using?

Don't necessarily need Bluetooth as have a usb dongle which I'm using on my current build.

thanks again! did not realise you could change wifi cards has really opened up these boards for me.

cheers

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Seems easy enough, I'm sure I would not have a problem installing it.
I see you used the AR9280 in your build is this a good card to go for? Does it work in mavericks? Was looking for an AR9380 but can't seem to buy one anywhere, the ar9280's seem readily available on eBay. Or is there a better card I should be using?

Don't necessarily need Bluetooth as have a usb dongle which I'm using on my current build.

thanks again! did not realise you could change wifi cards has really opened up these boards for me.

cheers

AR9280 works fine. If you can find one, the BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H supports both Airport and Bluetooth 4.0

http://www.embeddedworks.net/wlan507.html has them if you can order from them.

Motherboard
gigabyte z77x-ud5h
CPU
intel i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
AR9280 works fine. If you can find one, the BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H supports both Airport and Bluetooth 4.0

http://www.embeddedworks.net/wlan507.html has them if you can order from them.
Ok great, will look into getting one of those then. Would be nice to have the Bluetooth integrated too ;) Although not necessarily needed.

One more thing, can you just tell me in layman's terms the process of installing these during install. Sure it's not too hard just I'm new to this and want to know I'm not missing something before I buy all my parts. Have read through the [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2 thread I can see the BCM94352 on the list but unsure what kext I have to install etc

These do not effect any of the process on the mac do they? Sleep etc? thanks

Thanks

LEONARD

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Classic Mac
iMac
Ok great, will look into getting one of those then. Would be nice to have the Bluetooth integrated too ;) Although not necessarily needed.

One more thing, can you just tell me in layman's terms the process of installing these during install. Sure it's not too hard just I'm new to this and want to know I'm not missing something before I buy all my parts. Have read through the [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2 thread I can see the BCM94352 on the list but unsure what kext I have to install etc

These do not effect any of the process on the mac do they? Sleep etc? thanks

Thanks

LEONARD
Installing during install? Whole point is to use hardware that is natively supported by OS X without additional drivers - i.e. "it just works". From what I read in http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html these cards are natively supported.