Contribute
Register

Slugnet's Video Editor - GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770k, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
How do you do a clean install of the Clover/ bootloader stuff? Or maybe not mess with that?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
How do you do a clean install of the Clover/ bootloader stuff? Or maybe not mess with that?
I just use the most current version of MultiBeast if I'm only updating Clover >
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode​
Build > Install​
Reboot when MultiBeast completes the Clover installation.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core I7-3770K 3.5Ghz Box Socket 1155
Graphics
GigaByte GV-N670OC-2GD - Tarjeta gráfica, 2 GB, PCI Express 3.0, 6008 MHz
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Updated with 32MB of RAM. All OK.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77x-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Decided to update to Mojave 10.14.6 today. Runs solid.

My dumb*ss clicked something incorrectly in MultiBeast, and now my second display isn't working. Any suggestions on what to do? Searched the forum but couldn't figure it out with this build.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H rev1.1 F16j
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Decided to update to Mojave 10.14.6 today. Runs solid.

My dumb*ss clicked something incorrectly in MultiBeast, and now my second display isn't working. Any suggestions on what to do? Searched the forum but couldn't figure it out with this build.
I upgraded to 10.14.6 and added the RX580 at that time. No Idea if it would work in 10.12.6.

I wanted to keep using iMac 13,2 and had to buy a Fenvi-HB1200 card b/c my old card (it was presumed to be an Apple BRCM94331CD, recycled/used off Ebay, from China) would only work with SMBIOS 14,2. I may try to use the HD4000 in headless mode, therefore I wanted to be as true to the real iMac as possible and that's 13,2.

I am still ironing things out myself. The RX580 is working well so far. No 2nd monitor yet and I haven't edited any video yet. I did all this b/c my GTRX 1050ti was failing on all MPEG2-DVD renders since the last security update and Nvidia driver update. Always because a Adobe Lumetri effect. H264 rendered fine, but, it was time. Pereimere would occasionally quit displaying video and the logs showed it was the Nvidia driver. Stork actually said he gave up on the HD4000 b/c he found it wasn't stable enough.

@hendersonphoto In 10.14.6 Did you get USB working perfectly? I understand from Stork we need to Hackintool to get this working. I am trying to follow his guide (halfway down the page) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-build-i5-3570k-ga-z77x-up5-th-gtx-760.73112/ but in reading the documentation in Hackintool, it's actually much more complex than what he describes.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77x-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
I upgraded to 10.14.6 and added the RX580 at that time. No Idea if it would work in 10.12.6.

I wanted to keep using iMac 13,2 and had to buy a Fenvi-HB1200 card b/c my old card (it was presumed to be an Apple BRCM94331CD, used off Ebay, from China) would only work with SMBIOS 14,2. I may try to use the HD4000 in headless mode, therefore I wanted to be as true to the real iMac as possible and that's 13,2.

I am still ironing things out myself. The RX580 is working well so far. No 2nd monitor yet and I haven't edited any video yet. I did all this b/c my GTRX 1050ti was failing on all MPEG2-DVD renders since the last security update and Nvidia driver update. Always because a Adobe Lumetri effect. H264 rendered fine, but, it was time. Pereimere would occasionally quit displaying video and the logs showed it was the Nvidia driver. Stork actually said he gave up on the HD4000 b/c he found it wasn't stable enough.

@hendersonphoto In 10.14.6 Did you get USB working perfectly? I understand from Stork we need to Hackintool to get this working. I am trying to follow his guide (halfway down the page) https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-build-i5-3570k-ga-z77x-up5-th-gtx-760.73112/ but in reading the documentation in Hackintool, it's actually much more complex than what he describes.
The USB seems to be working. I ordered the RX580 yesterday so I should have it in a few days.

I'm pretty sure I followed Stork's settings. I might have ticked extra things in Multibeast. Since it has been 2 years since I used it, can I just re-run Multibeast again to fix the setting or do I need to do something different?

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H rev1.1 F16j
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
The USB seems to be working. I ordered the RX580 yesterday so I should have it in a few days.

I'm pretty sure I followed Stork's settings. I might have ticked extra things in Multibeast. Since it has been 2 years since I used it, can I just re-run Multibeast again to fix the setting or do I need to do something different?
When setting things up, I use Carbon Copy Cloner to make a clone after each successful step. Therefore, it's easy to roll back, if you see something isn't working.

If you clicked off something extra and your 2nd monitor stopped working, I believe parts of MultiBeast (MB) are installing Kexts, you can see in the description of each, what it's going to do. You could screenshot (on the computer or with your phone) your choices if you're unsure of what things mean, then you'll know at least what you did. I'm thinking you might need to remove a kext that got added when you checked it off in MB? Maybe you can view them by "Date Added" and figure out which one. Open MB and see where it's installing them to (Probably ~/L/E) then go there, add the view option I mentioned and sort by "date added". If you manually delete a kext you probably need to rebuild the kext cache, and I'd recommend you read up on all that business. I see in DPCI manager 1.5 there is a button to "Rebuild Cache" perhaps that's all that you need to do, but, please do your research.

I took @pastrychef advice and put all my kexts into EFI>CLOVER>kexts>other to save the need of rebuilding it with each change. Later you can put them all back into /L/E/ if you want to, using the appropriate method, of course. I am very much a noob, haven't touched MB in 2 years, always hope to find a guide, so please don't take my word as an authority, but, that's how I go about it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77x-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
When setting things up, I use Carbon Copy Cloner to make a clone after each successful step. Therefore, it's easy to roll back, if you see something isn't working.

If you clicked off something extra and your 2nd monitor stopped working, I believe parts of MultiBeast (MB) are installing Kexts, you can see in the description of each, what it's going to do. You could screenshot (on the computer or with your phone) your choices if you're unsure of what things mean, then you'll know at least what you did. I'm thinking you might need to remove a kext that got added when you checked it off in MB? Maybe you can view them by "Date Added" and figure out which one. Open MB and see where it's installing them to (Probably ~/L/E) then go there, add the view option I mentioned and sort by "date added". If you manually delete a kext you probably need to rebuild the kext cache, and I'd recommend you read up on all that business. I see in DPCI manager 1.5 there is a button to "Rebuild Cache" perhaps that's all that you need to do, but, please do your research.

I took @pastrychef advice and put all my kexts into EFI>CLOVER>kexts>other to save the need of rebuilding it with each change. Later you can put them all back into /L/E/ if you want to, using the appropriate method, of course. I am very much a noob, haven't touched MB in 2 years, always hope to find a guide, so please don't take my word as an authority, but, that's how I go about it.
I ended up posting in this thread:

I haven't been able to get past the black Apple screen with the 580 yet...