Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, If you use Multibeast 9, the default system definition is 14,1.
I'm using 14,1 and everything work very well so far.
Default is iMac14,2.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6770k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Anybody successfully upgrade to Sierra on this rig without having to perform a clean install?

I'd like to make the leap from El Cap to Sierra but I'm currently running a smooth 3,1 and have always had strange audio pops on 14,1 or otherwise

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I just did yesterday. The only issue was sound, everything else was perfect. Took 2h30 (30 to instal, 2h to fix the sound :p). Same build except for the GTX being a non ti 660.

Motherboard
macOS Sierra 10.12.3 - GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti NVIDIA GeForce
Alright fellas... Ive been using TheRacerMasters script for sierra for a couple of weeks now with no issues...
Try this for an easy install and setup... for anyone who has an Z77 board..

https://github.com/theracermaster/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-DSDT-Patch/tree/sierra
I'm intrigued because I have a Z77 board and am having issues even getting to the installer. Am I supposed to run this script before installation or after? I am confused about when the patch and script should be run in the order of operations...

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX660ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Nice build . But i cant find the part where you explain the dual boot with Windows o_O
I found that for long term permanence, I had to install Windows and MacOS to different physical SSDs. This has enabled me to install Windows multiple times (Windows 7 and 10) whilst leaving the Mac side completely untouched. I did originally have them on the same drive but a Windows installation killed the Mac partition.

To switch operating systems, I have the windows on booting as default and press F12 on BIOS start to bring up the boot menu from where I pick the drive with MacOS on.

My build is identical (in the major component way) to Slugnet's.

Motherboard
MBP
CPU
2.4ghz
Graphics
na
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I built this computer back in 2012 or 2013 (I used all the same parts and followed Slugnet's installation). It has been solid, I have had zero issues, and has met every need I have as a professional photographer. That said, I have not updated the OS at all. I am running 10.8.5, which is beginning to cause issues since I cannot use Adobe's CC software, Chrome is no longer supported, etc.

I am a bit weary to update because of how perfectly it has run for 3 + years. Can someone point me to the best way to update this and all the settings on multibeast to use? Also for stability would you recommend OS 10.11 or 10.12? Once I update it, I probably won't again for a long time. Thanks in advance!

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H 10.13.6
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
2x GTX 980 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I was in the same situation and after a power outage had corrupted by BIOS I went from 10.10.5 to 10.12.3 last weekend.
I put in a single fresh SSD, all other drives disconnected, loaded optimized defaults in the BIOS, and went straight from there with a Unibeast/Multibeast install. Had to install NVIDIA web driver for the 980Tis after that.

Imported my user data from the old startup disk via Migration Assistant and that's it. Everything works except wake from sleep. Even Audio and Messages.

Motherboard
MBP
CPU
2.4ghz
Graphics
na
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks! I really appreciate your response. Great suggestion picking up another SSD and working from there.

Since I haven't used Unibeast/Multibeast in a few years, allow me to be a little ignorant. Did you follow the current installation guide? Were there any changes other than installing the NVIVIA web driver for your 980Tis?