CPU
i7 -3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've just upgraded to Yosemite and I'm having a couple of annoying problems with this build.

First install I got the same grey screen with crossed out circle - but reinstalled and this time didn't click trim patch 10.10.0 in Multibeast and now it loads.

But my system now won't shut down or restart - it doesn't go to black, just hangs on the wallpaper with the toolbar still visible but nothing else.

Also I can't get the audio working - ALC898 doesn't seem to be doing it.

Any advice?

(Everything worked fine under Mountain Lion - so I'm wondering if I should just roll back to that?)

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H rev1.1
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
As a general rule of thumb after many frustrations with apple 10 years ago (and video editing), never upgrade to the latest OS, upgrade to the perfected OS, which is currently 10.9.5. All the bugs have been worked out of that one.

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Has anyone gotten this build up to Sierra yet?

I get to a gray screen and the beachball, and it's stuck.

Not sure what I'm missing in the upgrade steps...
Make sure that you have FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

Motherboard
z77x UD5H
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
Gigabyte 660 Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey guys, I just want to report that this build can easily upgrade to Sierra without any problem. Remember to use 16Gb USB thumb drive, and the process is straightforward just like previous version of MacOS. After the post installation, remember to remove the installation USB otherwise the screen will never displays the correct resolution. Reboot your computer and you done.

For my system, I did a fresh installation and everything seem to works very well. All USB ports, Ethernet port, sound and my three monitors are working fine.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6770k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Hey guys, I just want to report that this build can easily upgrade to Sierra without any problem. Remember to use 16Gb USB thumb drive, and the process is straightforward just like previous version of MacOS. After the post installation, remember to remove the installation USB otherwise the screen will never displays the correct resolution. Reboot your computer and you done.

For my system, I did a fresh installation and everything seem to works very well. All USB ports, Ethernet port, sound and my three monitors are working fine.
Did you have to change your system definition or anything else? I'm still running 3,1 - heard that the older Mac definitions arent' supported any longer...

Thanks!

Motherboard
z77x UD5H
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
Gigabyte 660 Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Did you have to change your system definition or anything else? I'm still running 3,1 - heard that the older Mac definitions arent' supported any longer...

Thanks!
Yes, If you use Multibeast 9, the default system definition is 14,1.
I'm using 14,1 and everything work very well so far.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, If you use Multibeast 9, the default system definition is 14,1.
I'm using 14,1 and everything work very well so far.
Default is iMac14,2.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6770k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Anybody successfully upgrade to Sierra on this rig without having to perform a clean install?

I'd like to make the leap from El Cap to Sierra but I'm currently running a smooth 3,1 and have always had strange audio pops on 14,1 or otherwise