Intel
CPU
Corei7 3770
Graphics
nVidia GTX 660 Ti 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi, I used Gigabyte mainboard, Z77-DA3H, Z77X-UD5H, Z77X-UP5TH with Corei7 3770, i5 3570K with VGA Card Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti or Intel HD4000. But i meet the same error.

I can install 10.8, but when i upgrade to 10.8.3 or clean install 10.8.3 i always meet cannot boot normal. I try to boot -x. i can boot but after that i can not boot again. I try to install multibeast after safemode, but the same thing. i dont know why.

Please help me.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 670 2G
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I started my build mostly based on this thread, thought this would be a relevant place to post:

I upgraded to F15r mod4 bios :
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios-100.html#post455327

on the UD5H board. Fixes many wimpy errors, hangs and KPs. YMMV as always on a beta bios, but my exp so far is smooth.

separately, on networking, I would recommend the Intel LAN port over the Atheros, as the latter's driver has not been updated for a while. The latest Intel one from hnak is quite stable.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for the great guide. Made my first Hackintosh with nearly the same build as you. evga 670 FTW instead of your 660 Ti. Everything works fine except for the front usb 3.0 ports. They wont even recognize usb 2.0. Also the x-dock (sata case dock, Cooler master CM 690 II Advanced) wont recognize an attatched HDD.
[h=3][/h]I tried to install the new sata kext, like in the guida, but it didnt change anything.

Any Ideas about that?

Thanks for your help
cheers

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Graphics
660 TI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
So I tried upgrading to 10.8.3 last night from the combo and now I am just spinning at the startup screen. I have the same exact build at Slugnet. Any ideas?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Did anyone who was having Final Cut Pro X freezing or crashing issues have FxFactory installed too?

Trying to troubleshoot my same problem here.
Thanks.
I have a nearly identical build except I'm using a GTX 470 card, and running 32GB RAM. I too suffer from occassional FCP X crashes but worst is, when I use multicam clips, I get tons of dropped frames which makes it impossible to cut. I know my OpenCL is working but the reality is that FCPX and Premiere both have a fairly strict list of cards they support on OSX.

PREMIERE
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/tech-specs.html
FINAL CUT PRO X
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4664?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Disregarding mobile/laptop cards - the only cards both programs share are:
GeForce GTX 285 - discontinued
Quadro FX 4800 - discontinued

Either way, if you eliminate cards no longer in production and mobile cards even if you just wanted to run FCPX, you don't have very many options. Let me clarify and say it runs and I'm able to edit, but multicam is going to be a problem and we're probably not getting our money's worth in components when we run this software.

I'm still poking around to see how to overcome but right now it looks like picking up a card on eBay may have to do the trick.

-Javier

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7 7700K (Kaby Lake)
Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Running the exact same system since more than half a year. Many thanks for the guide!

However, since a couple of days my optical out port stopped working in OSX ML 10.8.3. I have my machine connected to a minidisc recorder. This way I get digital sound on my headphone (which is connected to the minidisc recorder).

Any ideas on how to fix this? I couldn't find a solution on the forum.

Many thanks in advance!

Motherboard
Z68X-UD3h-B3
CPU
i2500k
Graphics
Evga GTS560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello I'm helping a friend on a build very similar to this. We are using this same MB, F14 bios, the i7 3770k, but we are using onboard video for the time being. The problem is we can only get the system to boot in safe mode. We have gone as far as to install the first set of drivers as outlined in the initial post but nonetheless we still can only boot using -x at the boot menu. I have a picture of the screen it gets locked on in verbose mode. I'm hoping this might help with some troubleshooting.

I'm not sure what other relevant info is needed. Thanks in advance.

Motherboard
i7
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have the same problem. I buy the components this week and i can install only in -x

Motherboard
ga-x79-ud3
CPU
i7
Graphics
nvidia gtx 660
I have the same problem. I buy the components this week and i can install only in -x
You guys ARE booting without the GPU installed, and with correct bios settings for the video memory... then after install, updating to 10.8.3 , and AFTERWARDS putting in your (assume) Kepler GPU?

That method worked with my last Hacintosh and a GTX 660ti. Good luck.