CPU
i7-8850H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1050 Ti - 3840x2160
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
[Success]: Slugnet's Video Editor - GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770k, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti

damn it... Well... I'll see when I get it, it's been the most difficult part to choose... :(

Nej

Motherboard
Thinkpad X1 Extreme - Clover
CPU
i7-8850H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1050 Ti - 3840x2160
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
[Success]: Slugnet's Video Editor - GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770k, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti

I feel foolish... Would you recommend to try an install or just return the card? I might just spare myself the hassle and just replace it with a little more expensive GTX670...

What should I do?? :think:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-3770k
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

I feel foolish... Would you recommend to try an install or just return the card? I might just spare myself the hassle and just replace it with a little more expensive GTX670...

What should I do?? :think:
Saw this thread the other day about the card you are trying to use. There is a solution presented in it, I can't guarantee it will work, but since the card is on its way to you, it might be worth a try.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/71698-evga-gtx-660-ti-sc-3gb-problem-mountain-lion.html

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-3770k
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

Anyway, I had it all working, did some geekbench and got scores a bit inferior to yours, but still really close... However I was still unable to boot without the unibeast pen. If I took it off and boot from my P0 drive, which is where Mountain Lion was installed, it always gave me boot0: error...
I've tried solution one from the boot0 guide but still I wasn't unable to solve it. Is this because the 2TB disk?
Now I've reinstalled everyth and I'm at the point where I should run multibeast again for the first time... But I've found that the front USB panel is working before running Multibeast!!!

I want to ask you about the front USB panel and about the boot without unibeast pen question (I always have to press f12 and choose the pen because in the bios (last version) i can't put it on first boot preferences)
Do you think there's something on multibeast that maybe is making front usb panel to stop working?
Regarding your first issue with boot0, it sounds like your attempt didn't work, and somehow the drive hasn't corrected for the 4k formatting yet. Make sure you follow the directions completely and that the command fully executes. For reference, the tutorial for the boot0 error is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html Make sure you know everything about your drive, for instance in your installation the drive may not be installed as disk0s2 as is listed in the tutorial. You can check this through Disk Utility by selecting the volume and clicking Info. Also make sure if you have spaces in your drive name that you use the backslash\ for each one as shown in the tutorial or the command won't work.

If you are running a system with the same parts, I would recommend following my Multibeast as shown in the screen shots. This will automatically install Chimera as part of the installation, so don't go crazy choosing a whole bunch of options. All of the necessary things will be installed. In fact, installing things that are not required for your system will break it, as you found out. The new UEFI bios along with native Ivy Bridge support takes care of a lot of things (including USB support, so no surprise your USB ports are working), so you do not need most of the things in Multibeast.

As for Multibeast breaking your USB front panel, no, I don't think that is the case. My built into the case front panel works great. It is just the addon 3.5 inch USB 2.0/3.0 expansion that comes with the MB that has issues due to the particular USB controller I have it plugged into on the motherboard. If I were to change it to a different header, it would work just fine with USB2 I believe. I just value the USB3 functionality more.

Motherboard
h77-ds3h
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android

Hey Slugnet,

So sleep works for you for this gigabyte 660 ti card?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-3770k
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

Hey Slugnet,

So sleep works for you for this gigabyte 660 ti card?
Sleep works great other than the USB disconnect issue.

Motherboard
h77-ds3h
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android

Sleep works great other than the USB disconnect issue.
Sorry for the extra post but what I really meant was waking the computer. I read on the forum many users cannot wake up this particular graphic card or just that the monitor will display nothing after a waking up attempt. Has this happened to you?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-3770k
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

Sorry for the extra post but what I really meant was waking the computer. I read on the forum many users cannot wake up this particular graphic card or just that the monitor will display nothing after a waking up attempt. Has this happened to you?
No, not at all. Both going into and coming out of sleep work great.

Motherboard
Mac OS X
CPU
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android

slugnet,

Yesterday I did everything as you did - except the ISSUE 1 and ISSUE 2 steps because I don't have an USB 3.0 disk to try out and because my home still doesn't have LAN!

However, everything's fine, I already solved the boot0 error - don't know what I did wrong the first time!!.
Geekbench and cinebench scores were good, very similar to yours.

I haven't tried sleep yet, but at the first time, before screwing things up, I did and it worked! (not sure with the usb pen, but I'll try that later)

But now I only have the problem that the USB front panel of the case (it isn't the same than yours, mine is the corsair carbide 500R) isn't working - the usb pen drives that I stick there don't even light up! - I didn't understand if your problem was the same than mine or not!

another thing - is there any windows 7 dual boot install guide?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac