CPU
i7-8850H/C240
Graphics
UHD 630/GTX 1050 Ti - 3840x2160
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
[Success]: Slugnet's Video Editor - GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770k, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Congrats on your build. It seems very close to what I'm looking for in mine. :thumbup:

Have you tried Davinci Resolve with it? What kind of performance do you get out of it? Is the card well recognized by the software?

Motherboard
MAC
CPU
Intel i7 3770k
Graphics
MSI GeForce 660 ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
[Success]: Slugnet's Video Editor - GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770k, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Thanks! At this point the system is rock steady and I'm loving using it.

I haven't played much with the HD4000 other than once booting with it (via DVI) rather than my 660 Ti while doing some troubleshooting. So, I know it works, but I haven't done any benchmarks or fully tested for OpenCL , HDMI audio, or tried multiple monitors. From my understanding, the HD4000 should be fully supported in ML, but aside from that I can't really comment. If I get some time, this might be something I'll play with in the future, but for now I don't have much more I can add.
Hello, i've built exact the same system except for a h60 cpu cooler. However the hd4000 doesn't give me full resolution although i installed chimera...
Do you know a solution for my problem? Thank you! :)

Motherboard
CPU
I7
Graphics
GTX660TI
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

Hello, I follow your guide because I have similar build (and similar job) as you and I have some strange issue.

If you have some time, I will be appreciate your help.

Details.png

First I QFLASH the bios from F8 to F14

Issues :

1- My Geekbench sux.

Benchmark Mac 2.jpg

2- I can't active GPU acceleration in Adobe preference (Tell me the GPU or Cuda driver is not compatible)

3- Sound is only on Orange or Black out and Premiere doen't like this (often sound crash)

4- Firewire HDD doesn't work

Thx in advance

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-3770k
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

Nej:
I haven't tried out Davinci Resolve yet on it. I'll see if I can get to that this week.

philippe.storck:
Sorry but I haven't really tried playing with the HD4000 side of things yet. Have you tried changing GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No? Have you tried connecting through different ports, such as using DVI instead of DisplayPort? I'm sure there are other threads on here with people troubleshooting the HD4000 with a lot more experience with it than I have, but those are where I would start trying to diagnose the problem.

slashquit35:
I don't know why your Geekbench is so low. Do you have all of your Bios settings correct? What is your hardware build in addition to the video card and cpu that I can see from your system profile? Do you have any other hardware that could be slowing things down, or lots of programs open when running Geekbench? Did you install CUDA? And is LuxMark working flawlessly? On my system, Luxmark was my first clue I was having graphics issues, as it wasn't able to perform OpenCL tasks, and so it took troubleshooting my graphics card to get that working (hence the three step process outlined in my original post). You can get Luxmark here: http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/LuxMark

The sound issue seems to affect a lot of people, so I don't have a solution for that other than what worked for me. I'm counting myself one of the lucky ones who got a board that works with it. There are other threads where people are reporting solutions, so you might want to search through the forum to see what you can find on that.

I have a separate Firewire card, so I haven't tested on board Firewire. I've seen conflicting reports about it working, but my add-in card works great.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

Congratulations to Sugnet's for having his build description promoted to a Golden Build! :clap::clap::clap:

Your build description meets every criteria to be a Golden Build. :thumbup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-3770k
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

Congratulations to Sugnet's for having his build description promoted to a Golden Build! :clap::clap::clap:

Your build description meets every criteria to be a Golden Build. :thumbup:
Wow, thanks! This is quite an honor!

Motherboard
Windows 7 64
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

one question. should TRIM Enabler be selected in your MultiBeast Configuration #1 screen shot? you're using an SSD for the OS, correct? just wondering, as I am interested in maximizing the performance / life of the SSD. thanks for any response...

<--- lol, the "noob" thing over here is awesome. it means i need someone smarter than me to chime in. again, thanks for any advice...

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-3770k
Graphics
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

one question. should TRIM Enabler be selected in your MultiBeast Configuration #1 screen shot? you're using an SSD for the OS, correct? just wondering, as I am interested in maximizing the performance / life of the SSD. thanks for any response...

<--- lol, the "noob" thing over here is awesome. it means i need someone smarter than me to chime in. again, thanks for any advice...
What you'll want to find out is if your particular brand of SSD has on-board garbage collection, which (really loosely without getting into a longer discussion of how TRIM works) does internally what TRIM does. I've read varying reports on SSD's with Sandforce that suggest using TRIM, and others that say not to. Bottom line, my system is fast and stable without it installed, and the SSD is technically supposed to handle garbage collection on it's own, so I'm not going to introduce something new into the system and possibly disrupt a working machine.

You're mileage may vary with your install and particular drive, and there is plenty of discussion on this board (with very little hard evidence for either side that I have been able to find) that should help you make up your mind on what you want to do. And maybe there are wiser voice who know more about this that can chime in and give a better answer than I have.

Good luck with your build!

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

+1 slugnet. TRIM is not necessary with the latest Sandforce 2280 controllers (IIRC). My OCZ and SanDisk Extreme SSDs don't need TRIM.

bbwheeler,
I recommend you check out the reviews for any SSD you purchase to see if you need TRIM, even if you don't purchase a current generation non Sandforce controller SSD.

Motherboard
Windows 7 64
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

What you'll want to find out is if your particular brand of SSD has on-board garbage collection, which (really loosely without getting into a longer discussion of how TRIM works) does internally what TRIM does. I've read varying reports on SSD's with Sandforce that suggest using TRIM, and others that say not to. Bottom line, my system is fast and stable without it installed, and the SSD is technically supposed to handle garbage collection on it's own, so I'm not going to introduce something new into the system and possibly disrupt a working machine.

You're mileage may vary with your install and particular drive, and there is plenty of discussion on this board (with very little hard evidence for either side that I have been able to find) that should help you make up your mind on what you want to do. And maybe there are wiser voice who know more about this that can chime in and give a better answer than I have.

Good luck with your build!
hey man, thanks for the response. not knowing about this thread, i purchased the same board, processor, and graphics card as you. for anyone else reading this post with these components, all you have to do is follow this guide, and you'll be up and running. i've got a geekbench score of 14072, so i'm pretty happy with this exercise so far.

also, thanks for the info about TRIM. i'm gonna hit stork up for some more details in a minute.

as far as the 660 Ti goes, you suggest to load the CUDA drivers from nvidia. while this card is not listed as a supported product in the link you provided, is it your experience that it will work? i noticed you did a similar thing in multi-beast -- i.e. loaded the 6XX graphics drivers despite the fact the card is not listed explicitly as an option. is this the same idea with the CUDA driver?

anyway, much thanks for your work, as it made this build very easy...