Core i7-3930k
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Congratulations to your successful build! I am building my own Slugnet Hackintosh, I am hoping to receive
the hardware tomorrow. Just curious to hear from someone who has installed the OS according to Slugnet's guide,
after the introduction of the 10.8.2 update. How did you go about with the Multibeast and the graphics card (I am assuming
you use a 660 ti, just like Slugnet)? According to his update, it does not seem necessary to go through step 2 and 3 in Multibeast. Did you just update to 10.8.2 right after you got the system running (and after step 1 in multibeast), or did you have to do something else?

Thank you so much for posting and confirming yet another successful Hackintosh build :)

/Audell
I followed Slugnet's steps (1-3) rather than rely on the card working natively. The link that Slugnet included to it working natively seemed to me to be inconclusive, whereas Slugnet reporting his method as definitely working.

Here's something else to consider: I was getting pretty worried today when I tried turning it on, and it wouldn't work! I mean the computer itself just wouldn't boot. No power on, no nothing. I finally discovered that it was the stupid little battery on the motherboard: the CR2032 3V lithium battery! Put a new one in, and I'm up and running again! So, as a precaution, you might want to get some of those batteries in case.

This is the first time I've ever built a PC, and it was a little rough going. But I've survived with more knowledge and comfort around computers. One thing I wasn't prepared for was just how hard it is to remove some of the connections from the PSU to the motherboard and graphics card: at times I felt like I was putting so much pressure I was going to break something. I was watching a NewEgg tutorial, and the builder on that video was easily pushing in and removing connections. That was frustrating! Anyway, nudging a flathead screwdriver around the connections to help pry them can be your friend.

Finally, I'm still testing things. Here are some additional findings (kinda subjective and YMMV):

• One thing I've noticed is that the fans in the NZXT case are kinda loud. I do sound editing on Pro Tools, and it's a bit annoying. So I think I'm going to return this case to a quieter case with some fan control.
  • My motherboard displays a "A0" debug code on its LED. The manual says that means "IDE initialization started." But I have no idea what that means, and the manual doesn't explain it.
  • not sure about sleep yet or USB 3.0--gotta test!

Would be curious to hear others reports about the above.

EDIT: App store now works fine! I don't know what changed to make it work, but hey, I'm not complaining! Also, my Mbox Pro 3 works fine too!

ANOTHER EDIT: I didn't install Windows 7--just went OSX ML clean install, and guess what? USB 3.0 works fine both on front and rear panels, AND I it also recognizes USB 2.0 devices :headbang:

Motherboard
GB-z77-UDH5
CPU
3570K @ 4.2
Graphics
HD 5870 / GTX 660 TI
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS, Other
For your first question, see page 5 of the MultiBeast Features document.

As to your 2nd question, I don't think you can with OS X natively. However, you can change the icon picture and disk name in OS X. Right click your Windoze disk in OS X and select Get Info. Make sure the icon at the bottom of the Get Info window is unlocked, and copy and paste a new icon (make sure it's the right size) in the Get Info window's icon. I haven't tried this technique in a long time, but I think it will work.
Works. Thanks, how blind i feel :)

Perhaps its mine turn to describe all i did on my Z77 soon. What a great site this really is.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Gigabyte R9 280X
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Any Intensity Pro with FCPX users out there.

Hiya, my Hackintosh is just up and running.

Does anyone in this editing thread have an Intensity Pro in their machine?
Mine is working perfectly with FCP6.0.6 and also Blackmagic's playout software.
But as soon as I launch FCPX the card output has thin green vertical lines across the entire raster.

I've tried everything apart from a full OS reinstall.
Unistall and reinstall the BM software/driver
Changed slot position and type.
Tried analogue and digital.
Adjusted every parameter in the pref pane and FCP
I spoke to BM who confirmed it was working OK for them, and when I mentioned I was on a hackintosh it was assumed that must be the problem.

Anyone out there getting it to work?
Thanks.

Motherboard
gigabyte designware z390
CPU
i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Other
Mine is working perfectly with FCP6.0.6 and also Blackmagic's playout software.
But as soon as I launch FCPX the card output has thin green vertical lines across the entire raster.
I have mine working under fcp7 and fcpX but its under Lion 10.7.4
my drive is partitioned though
one partition for fcp7 and lion
and another partition for fcpX and Lion

had zero problems with my intensity this way

also check out the blackmagic settings under system prefs
you need to set it there 1080p24 or whatever then open a timeline in fcpX with the same settings

qbe

Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i7 7820X
Graphics
Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse
Thanks.
10.7.4. here, different hw setup though, completely

i have all on one partition though. you can actually run PrP and FCP7 at one time...card initialize on the fly for me. FCPX, Motion, Color, AFX, Shake work too. I'm on latest BM drivers. before reinstall of drivers i always use their cleanup utility.

and as hussar pointed out, dont forget to setup your card in prefs

ps: is your hdmi in the right slot? did you try analog output? sound works?..but that all is maybe for a new thread :)

Motherboard
Asus
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX570
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for the guide. I'm ALMOST up and running. OSX is booting fine, but the case & CPU fans are running 100%, so it's too noisy to use.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

It's a Corsair case with the GA-Z77X-UD5H MOBO and BIOS v14.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z270-A
CPU
G4400
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Performa, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Built one of these yesterday. Works great. Thank you for the guide it helped a lot.

Got a Boot0: error after installing multibeast the system would not boot. Followed the below guide to solve it. NOTE that you have to point the terminal to your macOSX ML install disk, not your OS disk (which is unmounted in this process).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide/comments2.html#comments

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core I7-3770K 3.5Ghz Box Socket 1155
Graphics
GigaByte GV-N670OC-2GD - Tarjeta gráfica, 2 GB, PCI Express 3.0, 6008 MHz
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thanks for this wonderful post!

Motherboard
PC
CPU
I5
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Coincidentally I ordered this MB before I saw this thread. I'm glad I did. I set up a dual-boot OS X/Win 7 on a Crucial M4 SSD with 2 TB seagate drive. Everything is working great...knock on wood.

At first, sleep was working 80% of the time. On three or four occasions, the machine didn't wake up. Unfortunately, I corrupted the bios trying to recover (I should have just hit the power supply switch instead of repeatedly hitting the unresponsive reset and power buttons). Thankfully Gigabyte has a backup bios. Anyway, somehow I got it in my head that every time sleep failed, I had been running Activity Monitor. Since I made a concerted effort to avoid running that program, I haven't had any sleep problems. Purely unscientific and probably not the cause but so far so good.

I also had a lot of problems with the shared drive formatted as exfat. After these sleep incidents, the drive became corrupted. I shelled out for Paragon's NTFS for OS X, reformatted and everything has been fine.

Anyway, after a few hiccups I couldn't be happier.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Gigabyte R9 280X
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
More Intensity Pro thoughts?

10.7.4. here, different hw setup though, completely
..but that all is maybe for a new thread :)
I should start a new thread, but on which subforum?
Compatibility, Mountain Lion, Graphics?

I bet it has something to do with ML perhaps something clever to do with FCPX trying to use my CPUs Intel HD4000 graphics?
I've got a SL install disc, but not Lion, wish I did so I could install it as a test.

Sorry to hijack this, I'll post elsewhere from now on.

Cheers.