Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1070 SC2
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
So aside from one crash, my upgraded build has been working well but not particularly at optimal levels. My geekbench score is higher than when I was running i7-7700k but After Effects and general multitasking seem sluggish. Really not sure where to begin how to address things. My DCPIManager does show a lot of issues reoccurring issues but its hard to know what I should be most worried about or where to look first.

Any advice is appreciated. Happy to post boot legs etc if its helpful.

So what actually is your geek bench score? I have not dissimilar specs to you and mine doesn't feel sluggish at all. My geek bench is 5905 single core, 27129 multi core, which is about what I was expecting.

Mine is 6015 and multi 27840 tho was 31k when I had the overclock (overheating scared me back to regular settings). I suppose the sluggish performance is attributed to lagging in my creative cloud programs when I'm trying to multi task. Render times aren't much faster in after effects either.

When you open dcpimanager do you have a lot of errors/notations in your boot log or is it pretty flawless?

So what actually is your geek bench score? I have not dissimilar specs to you and mine doesn't feel sluggish at all. My geek bench is 5905 single core, 27129 multi core, which is about what I was expecting.

my boot.log seems fine to me. perhaps you should post yours?

Thats good.. mine might not be as bad as it seems. I just copied and pasted everything out of dpcimanager to the attached file (txt file is in zip)

Attachments

• dpcimanager.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 42
Maybe it might be an issue with the Nvidia drivers. I have seen threads on here where users with Nvidia cards had issues running the latest web drivers. There's a script available on GitHub that installs the most stable Nvidia drivers. You could give that a try.

Oh interesting.. How do I know if mine isn't running right? The web driver seems to be working

Maybe it might be an issue with the Nvidia drivers. I have seen threads on here where users with Nvidia cards had issues running the latest web drivers. There's a script available on GitHub that installs the most stable Nvidia drivers. You could give that a try.

Oh interesting.. How do I know if mine isn't running right? The web driver seems to be working

The script will give you tha latest drivers as stable. Which format are you running, HFS+ or APFS?

I'm running at APFS and i have some sluggish moments and i believe it's because of APFS or nvidia webdrivers at 10.13.6.

Because when i was at 10.13.5, i was feeling the system more smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back