Intel HD 3000/ AMD Radeon HD 7470M (Disabled) - 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good evening,

Last year I built my first Hackintosh. It's worked like a charm so far, but since yesterday, it takes several minutes to boot to desktop. The wheel at the grey startup screen with the Apple logo will spin for 5-6 minutes before loading the desktop (until yesterday the complete boot would last 1-2 minutes). I find it weird because I've never changed any Multibeast/Chameleon settings.

my laptop specs:

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-2670QM
RAM 8 GB DDR3
VIDEO GRAPHICS:Intel HD 3000
500 GB SATA (5400 rpm)

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance,

PJ

Good evening,

Last year I built my first Hackintosh. It's worked like a charm so far, but since yesterday, it takes several minutes to boot to desktop. The wheel at the grey startup screen with the Apple logo will spin for 5-6 minutes before loading the desktop (until yesterday the complete boot would last 1-2 minutes). I find it weird because I've never changed any Multibeast/Chameleon settings.

my laptop specs:

2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-2670QM
RAM 8 GB DDR3
VIDEO GRAPHICS:Intel HD 3000
500 GB SATA (5400 rpm)

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance,

PJ

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My bootloader is Chameleon. Do you suggest switching to Clover? (The question was, what could be the problem with my boot?)

Thanks for the prompt reply.

My bootloader is Chameleon. Do you suggest switching to Clover? (The question was, what could be the problem with my boot?)

My suggestion was really to start over. Because you probably made several mistakes.

There is also Chameleon info in the FAQ.

From where did you download Mavericks?

I've never had problems with Mavericks and Chameleon. I've been using Chameleon for a year and a half and it's always been fast. I don't understand how come the startup has started to be slower after a year and a half (if I had done several mistakes it'd have taken ages to boot from day one, I think).

I've never had problems with Mavericks and Chameleon. I've been using Chameleon for a year and a half and it's always been fast. I don't understand how come the startup has started to be slower after a year and a half (if I had done several mistakes it'd have taken ages to boot from day one, I think).

You probably changed a BIOS option, changed hardware, or upgraded BIOS and invalidated your patched ACPI files.

But that's just a guess... there is literally no details in post #1.

If you want to troubleshoot it, look at your system.log for clues. Each log has a timestamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back