Contribute
Register

Slower Boot/Slower Shutdown/Slower Restart Time with Clover And Samsung Evo SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS TUF Z390 Plus Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys my system has really slow boot, slow shutdown and slow restart time. Couple of days ago Im playing with OC settings on my BIOS I can't make it and turn my Default BIOS setting after that every boot time is slow down. i found a couple of solution and tried it but I can't make it faster. Problem is still continue. What are you suggest for me. Before this problem my Boot time been always 25 seconds. But now almost 1 minute sometimes more late.. Im Attached my boot log...

These are solution I tried; But these solutions one them for Mountain Lion others for Mavericks.

My system is Yosemite with latest Clover... Any help would be nice Thank you...

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

Code:
To clear your kext cache open terminal and enter the following:

sudo chown root:admin /
enter your password
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
Open System Preferences
Open Startup Disk
Ensure Startup Disk is still set correctly
Reboot
You may not see an improvement on the first shutdown/startup after you have completed the above method but after that you should do.

A second method has been brought to my attention so thought I would add it. You will be entering these commands in to Terminal again:

sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.coreservices.appleevents ExitTimeOut -int 1
sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.securityd ExitTimeOut -int 1
sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder ExitTimeOut -int 1
sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.diskarbitrationd ExitTimeOut -int 1
sudo defaults write /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.coreservices.appleid.authentication ExitTimeOut -int 1
When you have done this open disk utility from /Applications/Utilities and repair permissions on the disk that has Mavericks installed.

Edit: Updated with latest v2999 but problem still continue...

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt.zip
    7 KB · Views: 99
Found it solutions for boot time;

Code:
Set Boot->Log=false

But still continue restart and shutdown times.

Shutdown time looks like: When I click shutdown screen close itself almost couple of seconds but machine close itself after 40 or more seconds. is that normal or there is a trick for that?

Guys are these time normal or WHAT?

Restart Time
00:01:03.45

ShutDown Time
00:00:33.60

Boot Time
00:00:36.38

I think finally I found it what cause this:

You must to Delete 'GenericUSB.kext' from Extension folder.

After Delete my times look like these;

Restart Time
00:00:33.13

ShutDown Time
00:00:09.33

Boot Time
00:00:36.25

I realize this was 3 months ago, but...

Thanks for posting this. I had similar issues and removing GenericUSBXHCI.kext resolved it. I don't think your Samsung EVO SSD had anything to do with it. I am using a Crucial MX100 SSD.

Same problem! It's caused by GenericUSB.kext. Once it's removed shutdown and restart are really fast.

Any solution to get both fast shutdown and working USB 3.0? There is some pached kext file to enable usb 3.0 without incurring in the slow shutdown problem?

Thanks!

Damn why did this thread stop!
Was so excited when i found it, can anyone offer a solution?
My problem is exactly the same. As soon as I remove the generic usb driver (the only one that doesn't kill my pc), it has speedy reboots again, but then ofc usb 3 no longer works correctly (freezes up entire machine randomly).

Please if someone could shed some light on the issue, I would be eternally grateful!

Damn why did this thread stop!
Was so excited when i found it, can anyone offer a solution?
My problem is exactly the same. As soon as I remove the generic usb driver (the only one that doesn't kill my pc), it has speedy reboots again, but then ofc usb 3 no longer works correctly (freezes up entire machine randomly).

Please if someone could shed some light on the issue, I would be eternally grateful!

+ 1 here... wondering if there is a solution out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back