Contribute
Register

Slow WiFi connection using Fenvi T919 [OpenCore]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swapping the WiFi device from en0 to en1 may only become an issue with the likes of iMessage/Messages, which looks for the WiFi device at en1 or en2. It was always something that I checked for when creating a new Hack, that the network interfaces had the correct BSID names.
I won't be using Messages, so it's a problem less to solve ;)

Regarding the BT it was as simple as plug the cable and update the USBMap.kext running the script from https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap.

I've really happy to see all coming together :D I also removed the AirportBrcmFixup.kext and the wifi work perfectly!

I always make it a point to set built-in ethernet as EN0. I think it may affect App Store.
That is interesting, do you know what kind of problems could I see? I don't use the App Store that much since I use brew. I've tried to install an app and it worked...

Your new card is working out of the box! This is how the Fenvi card should have worked.

If you can sign in to the App Stor, iCloud, iTunes etc.then it may be ok to have the WiFi as en0. If you have problems with these Apple services then you may need to swap the WiFi and Ethernet BSID’s.

That is interesting, do you know what kind of problems could I see?

Not sure... I've always been diligent with setting ethernet as EN0 and never had issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back