Contribute
Register

Slow wifi after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are the BEST! I could not figure this out on my CustoMacPro desktop. I was having the exact same issue. Disabling the wake for network access in Energy Saver worked perfect! :headbang::thumbup:

My desktop machine exactly has the same issue. I use a 94360CD wi-fi + bluetooth 4.0 card. Hope unchecking wake for network access would fix this issue. I would try it tonight.

Tom

Yes. Hackintosh is full of compromise.

Not that I know of. The problem is relatively pervasive, probably caused by slightly incompatible hardware.
If you can find room in your laptop, you might be able to install Apple native hardware with an adapter...

I have a apple native wifi card, installed with an adapter. And I had the same issue! After sleep, the ping is really unstable, 100ms or 200ms delay to router with 10% packet loss. Disabling wake on wifi solved the problem! But I don't know why this happens to apple card as well..

I also have this problem, have to disable 'wake from network access', BCM943602CS, Asrock B360M-HDV, also my bluetooth keyboard can't wake up computer.

I also have this problem, have to disable 'wake from network access', BCM943602CS, Asrock B360M-HDV, also my bluetooth keyboard can't wake up computer.
I'm sure you've already figured that out, but the ability of a bluetooth keyboard, or a trackpad to wake up computer from sleep is set in the "Settings" - "Bluetooth" - "Advanced" - "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer".

Got it. As I mentioned in my post above, this is a natively recognized BCM943602CS Broadcom card (as used in MacBooks) via a PCIE 1x adapter in a desktop that is supporting bluetooth in the BIOS, about as compatible as I can think of. This combo is producing the same symptoms across 3 mb's I've tried it in.
Sorry to bring back an older thread, but I was wondering if you were ever able to solve this issue. I have the same card and adapter and had previously had to uncheck the wake for network access to ensure my WiFi wouldn't be so slow after wake. However, I'd like to use this functionality (WOL) so now I'm in a dilemma of how to solve this.

I was hoping a DSDT edit or SSDT patch could help us with the driver issue. I need to do more testing, but it appears as though if I wait a few seconds after the initial wake (to login) the speeds are fine.

I will do more testing this week to see if I can't come up with a solution.

EDIT: This can be solved by installing AirportBrcmFixup kext!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back