CPU
Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Finally got my hackintosh up and running. The problem is the performance with 4k footage is painfully slow when using Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve. Playback skips, freezes, and crashes both programs, and rendering video takes twice as long as my old Mac Pro. I'm using an i7 6700k and GTX 1080 ti.

Any ideas?

Finally got my hackintosh up and running. The problem is the performance with 4k footage is painfully slow when using Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve. Playback skips, freezes, and crashes both programs, and rendering video takes twice as long as my old Mac Pro. I'm using an i7 6700k and GTX 1080 ti.

Any ideas?
Until now, I used MacMini 2012 with 2.5 GHz i5 processor, 16GB RAM, SSD and Intel HD4000 graphics. I build my Hackintosh to improve iMovie editing.
I thought the new Hackintosh would be much faster (i7 8th gen, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 655, M2 NVMe drive). Actually, rendering the movie takes less time: 4k60p with a length of 50s - 4m11s vs. Mac Mini 2012 - 5m19s. However, during editing I have the same experience as you describe (except for the iMovie crash), both in iMovie 10.1.12 and in Davinci Resolve 16. On the old Mac Mini I do not experience these problems so editing is smoother.
Did you find a solution for this?

Hi - same problem here. General playback, editing, user interface (moving colour wheels for example) is extremely slow (6fps playback of HD footage). Rendering, open fx etc are quick. Also Playback in the Fusion mode is faster than Edit. I'd love to discover how to fix this, have you guys made any progress??

I Checked my drive speed and discovered on first try it shows nearly same speed for write and read (about 1.6GB/s), bur on second and another attempts write speed is increased to about 100MB/s:
zrzut-ekranu-2019-12-19-o-11-54-10-png.441185

I have determined that TRIM is enabled for my drive and it operate on the latest firmware.
It is the Intel 660p on PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 - LINK

Have you had problems with the performance of your hard drive?

thanks for the reply. I'm getting 450r/520w which is not stellar but OK. QT player plays videos smoothly do don't think its disk. Given the davinci interface is also slow I'm suspecting that its lack of acceleration from the nVidia drivers. Odd, since they are doing cuda compute just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back