Slow SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem, 140 MB/s write and 160 MB/s read

My system is:

GA-Z77MX-UD5H
i7-3770k
OCZ Agility 3 180GB

Looks like it is becoming a trend with the OCZ Agility 3's in ML. Are you all on 10.8/10.8.1? Did either of you notice this on Lion (if applicable)? I personally never had Lion on here so I couldn't tell you.

I'm glad that I have chosen Intel 330 over Agility 3 because it was one of the candidates of my shopping list on SSD. I've made a right choice. :)

Looks like it is becoming a trend with the OCZ Agility 3's in ML. Are you all on 10.8/10.8.1? Did either of you notice this on Lion (if applicable)? I personally never had Lion on here so I couldn't tell you.

I Tried 10.8/10.8.1, haven't tried Lion.

I feel silly pointing this out, but since I didn't realize it myself and it scared me at first, it's worth mentioning:

When I ran Blackmagic's Disk Speed Test, it was not testing my boot drive by default. It was testing the SATA I use for my Home folder. Once I went to the settings menu and selected the proper target drive, I got speeds appropriate for my SSD (+/- 200 write, 500 read).

Just for records ...

1. 120GB Kingstone HyperX SSD (SandForce) ~ 163 write / 265 read
2. 1TB Seagate Barracuda ~ 180 write / 180 read
3. 650GB WD Caviar Green (old) ~ 80 write / 80 read

These results using Blackmagic Disk Speed Test
Using Trim Enabler form here http://www.groths.org/?page_id=322

EDIT: The SSD and Segate are SATA3 but connected to SATA2 controller (have no SATA3 in my mobo).

I noticed this issue some time ago with Agility 3 - worked ok for me in Snow Leopard got expected scores 400mb/s read etc.. but in Lion and Mountain Lion I get similar scores to what is reported in this thread - I sent the original drive back to OCZ - they tested it and replaced it with a new one, the new one they sent me still had the same poor results.

I contacted them again and the support person I spoke to claimed that it is just that Blackmagic scores are wrong. To be honest my machine is pretty quick but I won't be buying any more OCZ drives.

DiskSpeedTest.jpg

Try Xbench instead of Black Magic. Here are my Xbench results.

Intel-330-SSD-Xbench_zps4c63dd91.jpg

my intel ssd 330 120gb snow too, but maybe because it connected to sata2...

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2012-09-19.png
    Снимок экрана 2012-09-19.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Снимок экрана 2012-09-19.png
    Снимок экрана 2012-09-19.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 218
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back