HD3000, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey All,

I can't believe the ridiculously amount of time it takes to go into sleep i understand rehab man has explained this is an OS issues but has anyone found out the reason beside this? It takes me about 60 Seconds for my probook to go into sleep mode !. Just installed OS X Yosemite with Clover hoping it would help but no luck.

Hey All,

I can't believe the ridiculously amount of time it takes to go into sleep i understand rehab man has explained this is an OS issues but has anyone found out the reason beside this? It takes me about 60 Seconds for my probook to go into sleep mode !. Just installed OS X Yosemite with Clover hoping it would help but no luck.

It is not that it takes a long time to actually complete the sleep process. It is that OS X delays sleep for about ~15 sec (it is shorter on Yosemite than Mavericks... note I haven't timed it yet).

Also, if there are background tasks active, it will sometimes wait for them to stop.

And if you have hibernation enabled, it will also take time to write RAM to the sleepimage, especially if you're using an HDD.

I turn hibernation off:
Code:
sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

If you have hibernation off, and it takes 60 seconds to enter sleep, then you likely had some background processes to complete, or you have something else wrong.

My MacBookAir6,2 has no outward indication of sleep, and no HDD LED, and the fan is generally not running, so the average Mac user has no idea that the laptop doesn't actually sleep as soon as the lid closed. They only way you can see the delay on a real Mac is to examine the kernel logs.

I turn hibernation off:
Code:
sudo pmset -g hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Isn't the command supposed to be:

pmset hibernatemode 0

and is

pmset -g

just displaying the current pmset settings?

Isn't the command supposed to be:

pmset hibernatemode 0

and is

pmset -g

just displaying the current pmset settings?

Correct. Typo fixed. People can also read the manual: 'man pmset'...

sudo is necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back