Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Hello guys.

It takes about 30 seconds for a restart/shutdown to my Hackintosh.

Other than that my Hackintosh is working very fast, FCP is working well.

Another problem is that WiFi isn't loading everytime and sometimes I need to restart to get it work.

I'm using the latest OC and latest kexts.

I spend the whole weekend trying to figure it out so I decided to ask for help.

I had Parallels installed but I deleted it, including all files associated with the app.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 70
You have two SSDT-EC tables in your /OC/ACPI folder, you only need one. Remove SSDT-EC-Desktop.aml and retain SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml.

Neither of these SSDT's are going to be perfect for your system, they contain too many options for other setups to be fast when booting & restarting etc. You would be better served using Corpnewt's SSDTTime script and your system DSDT.aml to create a custom SSDT-EC.aml, which works specifically for your system. It will be cleaner and faster than the ones you are using.

Your USBMap.kext is only activating four USB ports:

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 20.29.57.png USBMap.kext - poorly configured

Your /OC/config.plist is enabling the XhciPortLimit quirk alongside the USBMap.kext. I would recommend you delete the USBMap.kext and reconfigure your USB port kext.

These are the USB ports available on your Gigabyte Z390 Aorus motherboard - https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/sp#sp:

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 20.31.32.png

The Intel WiFi drivers should be seen as being still in Beta, there will be issues using them. Are you sure you have installed them correctly along with the associated Heliport WiFi Client.

With your suggestions, I've built the ACPIs with script and now the shutdown time is up to 10 seconds which I think is quite good.

I've tried to build my usb map manually, but unfortunately I couldn't find the values for my top USB ports. See in the uploaded image.

I've copied the USB map from here:

Currently the usb ports are working, but when I hit sleep, the pc sleeps and wakes up immediately.

If I leave it for a while it sleeps by itself and wakes up.

I have a wifi cards and currently there is no other way to have internet on this location of my home, I haven't downloaded version 1.2 - stable

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 47
  • motherboard.png
    motherboard.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 19.17.24.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 19.17.24.png
    617.4 KB · Views: 49
Ok, looking at your Hackintool USB tab I would comment as follows:

You need to remove the unused ports from the window, those that are not being used and those you plan to sacrifice to keep within the 15 port limit. This is done with the '-' icon, select the port and hit the '-' icon and the port will be removed from the window.

If you remove a port by mistake, hit the refresh icon (circular arrows) and all the available ports will reappear. You will need to start removing the unwanted ports again.

You have ports with names in the comment list, these are the only ports that should be present in the Hackintool USB window when you 'Export' the configuration.

You may have to sacrifice ports SS07 and SS08, to keep within the 15 port limit (2 x Yellow USB ports on rear I/O).

Ports HS12 and HS13 should if they are connected to the motherboard header be set with the 'connector' type 'Internal', not USB2. This is a common mistake and can mess up your USB Configuration if not corrected.

I would not recommend adding the USB2 part of the USB Type-C port (HS06) to the configuration, as you are unlikely to need the USB2 side of this physical port. None of the Type-C devices available are USB2 only, so unless you are using the Type-C port to connect a HUB, you do not need this port.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 19.17.24.png Edited Hackintool > USB window with changes recommended shown in red highlights.

If you are using the Type-C port to connect a Hub, then you need to sacrifice one of the other ports, I would suggest one of the three USB2 ports A1, A2 or A3.

Export & installation:
Once you have set your 15 ports and only those ports are visible in the Hackintool window, you can 'Export' your custom configuration, using the icon on the far right below the port names.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 19.09.10.png USB Configuration ready for 'Export'

When you select the 'Export' icon this will create a number of files on your desktop:

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 19.10.54.png Hackintool > USB > Export function creates these kexts, tables etc.

You will then need to decide how you want to activated your USB Configuration. There are two options:
  1. Use USBPorts.kext.
    • With this option you no longer need USBInjectAll.kext, so when you add the USBPorts.kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder you need to delete USBInjectAll.kext.
    • You need to disable the USB port Limit patches in your config.plist.
  2. Use SSDT-UIAC.aml
    • With this option you do need USBInjectAll.kext.
    • You still need to disable the USB Port Limit patches in your config.plist
    • SSDT-EC-USBX.aml would be required and this and the SSDT-UIAC.aml would need to be added to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
The USBPorts.kext should contain the USB power settings for your system, and you are probably already using an SSDT-EC.aml.

Intel WiFi:
I'll be honest, I am not too familiar with the Intel Wireless configuration. I am aware of it, have read through the configuration guide etc, but all my WiFi/BT cards are Broadcom based. So I have never had to use it in anger. As my desktop systems all use real Apple WiFi/BT cards and the laptops I have hacked all use compatible Broadcom mini-pcie WiFi/BT cards.

I created my USB map, I'm using my type-c port for my monitors, just removed one port of my front panel.

Sleep is working fine now, thank you.

However when the PC wakes up the internet isn't working.

My WiFi card is some kind of TP-Link and that's why I use AirportItlwm?

Am I doing this wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 13.24.10.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 13.24.10.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 32
  • EFI.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 56
The Kext you are using for the WiFi is an Intel kext. The TP-Link card probably uses an Atheros chip. So yes you are doing something wrong.

Which model TP-Link WiFi card are you using?

The TP-Link Archer T6e WiFi card uses a Broadcom chip - BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter.

It should work out of the box, i.e. no need for any additional kexts or settings, especially not an intel based kext.

If it needs assistance, then the AirportBrcmFixup.kext would be the kext to use.

Have a read of the optional boot arguments and driver settings that are available to work alongside this kext. Pay particular attention to the last paragraph on the page, which relates to issues that can arise when running Big Sur.

I've managed to get the WiFi via AirportBrcmFixup.kext, thanks a lot for everything :))))

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back