Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hello. i didn't see anything similar to my issue. quick background. installed via boot method, installed network via kext method on Tony's bootCD, once i had internet installed 10.6.2 then Multibeast to finish up.

i have now been moving things around and realize i cap out sending at 10MB/s. I then plugged in my MBP with the same cable and sent at 40MB/s.

I reinstalled Realtek kext via method with P55 Boot CD, but still am having issues. Under System Profiler > Ethernet, it just says ethernet controller. nothing else, i have a hunch i screwed up something. but have no idea what/why the issue is, or which kexts to look out for to delete.

any help is greatly appreciate!

as this is my first post, i want to thank all Tony and all the other people who answer on these forums, this is quite a great little forum and community.

p55M-UD2 + i7 860 + Radeon 4850 everything even sound works fine.

Try going into System Preferences and Ethernet- then hit Advanced and manually set the Gigabit ethernet instead of automatic. See if that might solve it.

sleep said:
i swear i tried that earlier :banghead: and it didn't work. if you would kindly delete this thread so that there is no evidence of me being a moron. :rolleyes:

thanks for the help tony.

Well- evidence of a question answered is probably a good thing to keep around ;) Don't worry about it. This will surely help someone else.

Sleep, how is your network now??

I've had similar issues and manually setting things seems to work for a while, then bam I'm back down to 100Mb.

On my switch the nasty amber light - when it should be green.

It's definitely a snow leopard thing as when I run the BIOS the light goes green.

It seems SL is a bit dodgy in this area and plenty of people with real macs are having issues with gigabit links dropping back to 100Mb.

I'm thinking of changing my switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back