i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.

I have intalled a hackintosh build, Everything works fine until I was trying to convert a mkv video to a mp4 format file. I used macx video converter pro to do that. I compared the time with that of my Macbook Pro 15 2017. It's turned out that macbook pro 15 runs 2x faster than that of my hackintosh. Then I monitored the intel gpu frequency, the hackintosh's gpu only runs at around 500mhz, whereas the macbook pro's gpu runs at 1.1Ghz. Though I knew the slow gpu frequency causes this issue, I don't how to make the intel gpu frequecy keeps at 1.1Ghz when performing a heavy task like converting a video. Anyone who can give me some advices? Many thanks!

Below is my spec:

motherboard: MSI B365M PRO-VDH
cpu: I5-8500, Intel UHD 630
gpu: RX 590 8G
mem: 16GB
ig-platform-id:0x3e920003
smbios:imac 19,1

Actually, I have tried all combinations of ig-platform-id and smbios. It doesn't work at all. In addition, I used whatevergreen solution (which makes igpu headless, i.e., no physical displays connect to it). Should I give up the whatevergreen solution and try "shiki" solution?

Last edited:
Will anyone try to convert a video from mkv format to mp4 one via macx converter pro? Could someone report what is the IGPU frequency you got? In my case, I converted a movie from hevc encoded mkv file to a h264 encoded mp4 file. The average fps is about 150, while my macbook pro can reach about 230 fps. It's so weird.

Last edited:
Here is my clover zip file.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    24.1 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back