Contribute
Register

Slow Graphics with full acceleration and gtx 660ti?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55M-UD2
CPU
intel i5 750
Graphics
nvidia geforce gtx 660 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

recently i started Playing on my machine (primary Minecraft and LoL), but with my old Graphics card (9800 gt with 1 gb),
it was always pretty low fps, a bit laggy, you know that i guess.
my problem:
After upgrading my Ram from 4 to 8 gb in December, my machine was going faster but the fps increase was not significant, and i decided to get new graphics for christmas, so i bought the Palit gtx 660 ti with 2 gigs of DDR5 Ram, but i still get only 20-50 fps on minecraft with optifine on mid/midlow settings (1.7.2, 1.7.8 and 1.8) and in LoL on the preset medium settings i still get like 15-35 fps in teamfights sometimes even worse.
Is it an Mac OS Problem so i need to get Windos to play games smoothly, or is my Processor too old? Or is it just some kexts i didnt add, bc i thought it works out of the Box, like tony said in his News about the kepler cards? i did install the cuda drivers for Mac.
if you need any more info you can´t find on my profile, feel free to ask.
thanks a lot and greetz

Peter

NVidia cards run poorly on OSX
Ref: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/66611-660-ti-thread-questions-answers-here.html

You should be booting with GraphicsEnabler=No - If this is already the case and you are running Yosemite then you are likely getting the best performance out of your card under OSX.
I have the GTX-770 on Yosemite with full acceleration and it is a laggy piece of s**t.
Under windows your card and mine and even my GTX-470 run blazingly fast.

OSX+NVidia=Not a good match

I hope that's helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back