Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Slow CPU frequency after wake z440 xeon e5-1620v3 on 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I will connect to the topic. I have no idea how you manage to install MacOs on your computers.
I have practically the same machine: Z440, 16GB Ram (2x8) E5 2667 v3 CPU and AMD FirePro W2100.
I have already tested various configurations and I can't jump over End randomseed +++++++++++++++
The version I'm trying to install is 10.14.6.
My graphics card may not fully work with this system, but can it stop the installer in this place?

try 10.15.3 with the last EFI I posted or see here for some others that might work with your cpu https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...5-2-kernel-patches.288451/page-3#post-2072410 . You will need to change the ati device id the match your graphics card, you’ll need to search to see if it it’s even supported, but it shouldn’t stop you being able to install it.

I tried this configuration today when installing 10.15.3. Unfortunately, no luck.
Tomorrow I will try to install with OpenCore.
IMG_0452 (2).JPG

Welcome back.
I solved the End Randomseed problem.
Unfortunately, this time the installer stops here.
Installation 10.14.6 using the latest Clover.

Attachments

• Clover (2).JPG
    Clover (2).JPG
    724.7 KB · Views: 82
Welcome back.
I solved the End Randomseed problem.
Unfortunately, this time the installer stops here.
Installation 10.14.6 using the latest Clover.
How did you fix it?

It’s possible That config file I posted for 10.14.6 may not work with latest clover and kexts as it’s quite old. I would use the EFI folders I posted for a matching 10.15 version install instead as there shouldn’t be any version issues.

Have you got the latest bios firmware and reset to defaults?

you have a dual CPU processor, so that may have some differences.

How did you fix it?

It was very simple. It was enough to restore the default BIOS settings. :D

I move forward in small steps.
At the moment I am in this place.

Attachments

• IMG_0462 (2).JPG
    IMG_0462 (2).JPG
    943.8 KB · Views: 86
  • EFI.rar
    4.9 MB · Views: 90
It was very simple. It was enough to restore the default BIOS settings. :D

I move forward in small steps.
At the moment I am in this place.

add npci=0x2000 :)
--------------------------
<key>Arguments</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 debug=0x100 -xcpm</string>

I have upgraded successfully to 10.15.5 using the same configuration with the latest clover and kext versions

I have upgraded successfully to 10.15.5 using the same configuration with the latest clover and kext versions
Hi Evman - (Noob Warning), so if one was to do a straight new build with the 10.15.5 Catalina do you have an EFI and Clover Folder you could share for that? I have the v4 processor and just waiting for the Radeon Vega 64 Card to arrive before I do the build.

Hi Evman - (Noob Warning), so if one was to do a straight new build with the 10.15.5 Catalina do you have an EFI and Clover Folder you could share for that? I have the v4 processor and just waiting for the Radeon Vega 64 Card to arrive before I do the build.
Attached is one for 10.15.5, you might need to generate a new serial number. And you'll need change the video card id for your card as I have a Tonga card. Also you have a different CPU, so it may not work for you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back